Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
With a tiny baby? She's ten months and stil fits in some 3-6 month clothes. She has zero interest in eating anything but breastmilk. I just seem to remember my boys being a lot bigger and more advanced. She's more like a six month old. I'm kind of scared to take her to a Dr. (I skip well checkups because we don't vaccinate) because I don't want someone accusing me of not taking care of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
happymommy1105
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I don't blame you at all about flu season!!

I found a ped near me that basically has 2 offices....one for well child checks and one for sick children. they have separate enterance and exam rooms and everything! its awesome.

I hope you can find a ped soon. I know how hard and time consuming it can be.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I really would ordinarily take them. We moved right before she was born and it's a lot harder to find a natural friendly doctor here. We got kicked out of one practice when she was 2 months and it took awhile to find a new dr. We found one that would take us, but we've been very focused on DH getting a job (he was unemployed for a while) and now finding stable childcare since I got a promotion. And I honestly don't relish the thought of taking my healthy kids into a doctor's office during flu season.

Quoting happymommy1105:

I didn't say she had to.

In my opinion, she should.

I know a lot of people skip well baby checks.

I don't. I don't advise people to either.

Well baby checks are for more than shots. we are a not vax family and I still take my kids to their well child checks.

Quoting piwife:

She doesn't have too. .. a lot of my friends skip baby well checks

Quoting happymommy1105:

Well baby checks are for more than shots.

You need to take her in.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM
That makes me feel better! She is just so petite compared to the boys.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

My 15mo wears 9mo onesies... :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Nope. I live in a very medically minded area.

Quoting Precious333:

Do you have a wholistic doctor you can see?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I guess my concern is that she's just small. I thought they were supposed to triple their birthweight by a year, and she's just barely doubled her lowest weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
That's a guideline, not a requirement. How much has she gained from the lowest weight?

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I guess my concern is that she's just small. I thought they were supposed to triple their birthweight by a year, and she's just barely doubled her lowest weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Well, if she is meeting her milestones and yoy aren worried, if u are concerned i would take her in just to be sure.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Nope. I live in a very medically minded area.

Quoting Precious333:

Do you have a wholistic doctor you can see?

MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Her birthweight was 7lbs2oz. She lost down to 6lbs8oz. She had a huge growth spurt and then slowed down when I went back to work. I've had a little bit of trouble pumping enough to keep up with demand and we've had to give some formula, which she hates. We do the 1oz per hour rule when I'm at work, but I'm starting to think she needs more than that. She weighs 13lbs8oz now.

Quoting aehanrahan:

That's a guideline, not a requirement. How much has she gained from the lowest weight?

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM
The amount of milk needed doesn't increase because the milk changes to meet her needs as she grows. Do you give her unrestricted access to the breast when you're together?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
My friend's daughter was very petite too. She's a few months younger than my son but has always been like half his size. When she started walking, she resembled a doll walking around. She's 7 now.
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Yes. I told my husband today I wish we could cosleep because I think that could help. I hate it, but I would be willing to do it if it meant I had that peace of mind. Unfortunately, she is not the type to cosleep well. She wants her space. But yes, she nurses whenever she wants for as long as she wants.

Quoting aehanrahan:

The amount of milk needed doesn't increase because the milk changes to meet her needs as she grows. Do you give her unrestricted access to the breast when you're together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)