Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
With a tiny baby? She's ten months and stil fits in some 3-6 month clothes. She has zero interest in eating anything but breastmilk. I just seem to remember my boys being a lot bigger and more advanced. She's more like a six month old. I'm kind of scared to take her to a Dr. (I skip well checkups because we don't vaccinate) because I don't want someone accusing me of not taking care of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Replies (31-36):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

No my youngest is 2 and she is 22-25 pounds shes been the same weight for months .Our dr isnt worried though . My husband an I are both thin an my husband is tall.  Her sister (my oldest dd) is really tall an thin as well. My youngest can still fit 12 months but I put her in 18-24 months for more room to be comfy lol.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Have you considered a crib sidecar? That would give her all night access while still being in her own space.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Yes. I told my husband today I wish we could cosleep because I think that could help. I hate it, but I would be willing to do it if it meant I had that peace of mind. Unfortunately, she is not the type to cosleep well. She wants her space. But yes, she nurses whenever she wants for as long as she wants.

Quoting aehanrahan:

The amount of milk needed doesn't increase because the milk changes to meet her needs as she grows. Do you give her unrestricted access to the breast when you're together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
It's a possibility. I'll have to talk to DH about that.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Have you considered a crib sidecar? That would give her all night access while still being in her own space.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Yes. I told my husband today I wish we could cosleep because I think that could help. I hate it, but I would be willing to do it if it meant I had that peace of mind. Unfortunately, she is not the type to cosleep well. She wants her space. But yes, she nurses whenever she wants for as long as she wants.

Quoting aehanrahan:

The amount of milk needed doesn't increase because the milk changes to meet her needs as she grows. Do you give her unrestricted access to the breast when you're together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
As long as she is making 6-8 diapers a day, meeting her milestones and not losing weight, she is most likely fine. Are there other small people on either side of the family? Does she seem to have allergies to anything?
MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:05 AM
My brother and I were both pretty small as kids (he's thirty and could still shop for jeans in the boys' section). My boys are opposites, one tall and skinny and the other short and "cuddly." And she's not allergic to anything, but she has not liked practically anything we've tried to feed her.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

As long as she is making 6-8 diapers a day, meeting her milestones and not losing weight, she is most likely fine. Are there other small people on either side of the family? Does she seem to have allergies to anything?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Well baby are for much more then vac my friend doesn't do vac either she just found a doc who was accepting of that. You still need a goo doc you can talk to and feel open and comfortable with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN