Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

a glimpse of hope!? update in blue

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

I think Rhythm is milk drunk right now... he was nursing and now is completely knocked out. like completely satisfied - i tried to wake him to keep nursing, his arm was totally limp. hes OUT. seems full and happy.

could the dom  work this quickly? (i also havent taken the thyroid since this morning- and it was a 30.. they had me taking 90 a day.) a glimpse of hope maybe?

also I noticed a feeling of "love" rush over me when nursing and after nursing. it felt like a little high - i'm assuming oxytocin - which may have been blocked from the insane amount of thyroid they had me on?

i'll let you all know tomorrow how the rest of the night goes and morning goes. thank you so much for all of your info and support! i dont think i would have made it at all without you girls! 

and this milk drunk baby is seriously funny i cant believe how passed out and content he is.. lol

I also typically have more milk around this time. and when I was pumping i let down a little bit on the opposite side (i only have one horn right now) and that never usually happens..

i'm trying to relax and see if this helps..wish us luck <3

Update:

doing better today, i didnt take my thyroid meds. i think they were causing harm. the dom is definitely helping, ive gotten two ounces (pumped twice) today. i'm  having a problem tho, i only have enough dom to make it a few days and the dom i ordered wont be here for a week or more! i dont know whatto do?? oh and  rhythm said a new word this morning: dada

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say yes to all of the above. Good on you for figuring it all out and keeping at it until you got what you needed!
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay for a milk drunk baby! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

That's great!  My poor Evie is not doing so well now, I had a huge dip and hoping the dom kicks in soon.  It's day 2 here, can't pump even an oz and she's pooping brown stinkies :/  Constantly nursing and sooooo fussy!  I had to pop open her revision site tonight and praying it helps!

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Sounds good. The hyperthyroid inhibits the oxytocin release so maybe it's working.

(You still need to follow up about thyroid since as you know being hypothyroid decreases milk too.)

:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I think the thyroid meds were ruining your supply..if thyroid is low then milk supply will be low thats very common and they were giving you meds that were making it insanely low

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Glad to hear things are looking up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

the meds were making it insanes HIGH, making it hard for me to letdown, so my breasts werent fullly draining, so my supply was low. the dom seems to be helping, my pump output is increasing. I just pumped an ounce! (2nd ounce so far today) i have a problem tho, i only have enough dom for a couple days and the fastest shipping was 5-8 days and wont go out until monday :-/ idk what to do!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I think the thyroid meds were ruining your supply..if thyroid is low then milk supply will be low thats very common and they were giving you meds that were making it insanely low

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM

bump

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Keep doing as you are... you may find you don't NEED the domperidone by the time it arrives. You're exercising the milk-making muscle.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I agree with G. ^^^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN