Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

o man i hate offending people (off topic)

Posted by   + Show Post
Posted a status on facebook saying " to all my pregnant facebook friends that are having boys, please consider not circumcising him. Please do the research before you decide'
Well my cousin called me all upset thinking i was judging her because her lil man is cut. He had a med reason for it and i dont judge anyone for there personal choices. I just want to make people look into it before just doing it. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM
:(

Quoting SaraSnider:

Ya but she still sounded a bit upset at me.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Awe that sucks :( did you talk to her and say that's not how you ment it? :(( I feel the same. I hate accidently offending it just ruins your day :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Some ppl are easily offended. There really isnt anything you can do about it.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't win so don't try.  You asked people to make an educated decision...truth is most won't make a truly educated decision but you can ask.  Don't worry about it!  I asked my brother to make an educated decision about it as well.  I asked him to not listen to his friends as they are not educated on the topic and all he would get are opinions.  I was ignored and he walked away from me.  He didn't even have the decency to say "sure" or "screw you".  You can only encourage people to educate themselves.  If they are offended...maybe they should educate themselves!

ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
While of course you have the freedom of speech- Facebook probably isn't the correct forum. I would have just removed you from the friend list.
While encouraging education is good- again Facebook doesn't seem to be the place for it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
It really is crazy how people think. A guy on my friends said " look at the down fall, you will have a bunch of dirty dick boys running around." I just told him it isnt the foreskin that makes them dirty its what a guy does with their penis that would make him dirty or not.

Quoting IrishIz:

You can't win so don't try.  You asked people to make an educated decision...truth is most won't make a truly educated decision but you can ask.  Don't worry about it!  I asked my brother to make an educated decision about it as well.  I asked him to not listen to his friends as they are not educated on the topic and all he would get are opinions.  I was ignored and he walked away from me.  He didn't even have the decency to say "sure" or "screw you".  You can only encourage people to educate themselves.  If they are offended...maybe they should educate themselves!

SaraSnider
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Why not? I didn't get graphic or disrespectful. Facebook has the people im friends with or related to, they are the people i hope to open eyes for.

Quoting ckroch:

While of course you have the freedom of speech- Facebook probably isn't the correct forum. I would have just removed you from the friend list.

While encouraging education is good- again Facebook doesn't seem to be the place for it...

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Encouraging someone to research is not "judging."
Sorry your cousin gave you a hard time..

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't seem offensive to me. It's not like you're bashing people. You're only asking them to look into something, that's all. People these days get WAY too offended at things. It seems like everyone wants to take everything personal.

piwife
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I circ my son, but I don't find your status offensive.. but then again am the kind of person who gives a crap about others opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, being offended is ALWAYS a choice.

And in this specific instance, shows an incredible level of selfishness to take a random FB status directed at your PREGNANT friends and make it about herself.

I also question how "necessary" the circ actually was if she's got guilt about it. If it was truly necessary, why feel guilty?

Quoting mamabens:

If SHE was offended that's on HER. You present your opinion & you did it more tactfully than many I see so if she was offended that is her problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN