Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

o man i hate offending people (off topic)

Posted by   + Show Post
Posted a status on facebook saying " to all my pregnant facebook friends that are having boys, please consider not circumcising him. Please do the research before you decide'
Well my cousin called me all upset thinking i was judging her because her lil man is cut. He had a med reason for it and i dont judge anyone for there personal choices. I just want to make people look into it before just doing it. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Replies (41-48):
gsdlover
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I chose to circ all three of my sons, and I don't find your status offensive.  I researched the pros and cons plus there are other factors involved.  DH and I are perfectly content with our decision.  It does not bother me if someone circs/doesn't circ their son as long it is what is right for them.  I am curious, though, if you are also against piercing a baby girl's ears.  The definition of mutilate can also go for that procedure as well.

soulofsunmama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I do too!!!

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Yes! I love this!

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTE11
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Unless you never say anything ever, someone is possibly going to be offended by what you say.  Your cousin had a medical reason and had to get her DS circumcised so she should know it was a special reason. The chip on her shoulder is not your problem. You can't control whether people get offended or not. As long as you're not being a jerk or trying to upset people on purpose there's nothing you can or should do about it. That's just something they have to deal with on their own. I would hope that most people don't enjoy offending people but it happens.

Monkeymama930
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Why is it when people say no offense they are about to say something offensive LOL! (That's a joke by the way don't get offended!)
I have noticed people get offended by everything!!! I'm a bit of a joker I like to cut up and apparently I offended people all the time.
SaraSnider
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
It was needed i just wonder if she would of really kept his foreskin anyway. Her mom is so pro circumcision she probably would of anyway.

Quoting larissalarie:

Yep, being offended is ALWAYS a choice.

And in this specific instance, shows an incredible level of selfishness to take a random FB status directed at your PREGNANT friends and make it about herself.

I also question how "necessary" the circ actually was if she's got guilt about it. If it was truly necessary, why feel guilty?

Quoting mamabens:

If SHE was offended that's on HER. You present your opinion & you did it more tactfully than many I see so if she was offended that is her problem.

SaraSnider
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I am against getting my dd's done but i helped comfort my 18month old niece when my sister had her done. I want my dd to ask for them before i get hers done.

Quoting gsdlover:

I chose to circ all three of my sons, and I don't find your status offensive.  I researched the pros and cons plus there are other factors involved.  DH and I are perfectly content with our decision.  It does not bother me if someone circs/doesn't circ their son as long it is what is right for them.  I am curious, though, if you are also against piercing a baby girl's ears.  The definition of mutilate can also go for that procedure as well.

SaraSnider
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I thought i was doing it as nicely as possible.

Quoting JTE11:

Unless you never say anything ever, someone is possibly going to be offended by what you say.  Your cousin had a medical reason and had to get her DS circumcised so she should know it was a special reason. The chip on her shoulder is not your problem. You can't control whether people get offended or not. As long as you're not being a jerk or trying to upset people on purpose there's nothing you can or should do about it. That's just something they have to deal with on their own. I would hope that most people don't enjoy offending people but it happens.

JTE11
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Well then that's all you can do, really. You could tell someone the nicest thing and they could decide to take offense to it so I'm just saying it's not worth worrying about. People are so easily offended these days and if you go around worrying about it too much you'd never say anything. Sorry this happened to you-you were obviously just trying to help people out. :)

Quoting SaraSnider:

I thought i was doing it as nicely as possible.

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN