Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what's the reason behind this???

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ds is 13mo and I want to self wean. I have always loved nursing HOWEVER lately I just want to be done. Done done done. I feel selfish- but I'm actually to a point of being irritated when he nurses half the time. Sometimes to the point of tears. Mentally, I just want to be done.

Why the sudden change? Is it normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabsmom10
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I'm the same way with my 13 month old. What is great about this age, is YOU can now control when he nurses....on the flip side, this is when they can be very demanding. My son acts like a newborn and tries to nurse all day long. When he acts like this, I try to take his attention elsewhere. I have tried to wean for the same reasons as you, tired and frustrating with nursing, but he is at the age where he needs me the most. He had major separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. I'm hoping he out grows it soon, and then I'm going to try to wean a little more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:37 AM
It helps to know I'm not alone. I try to distract him but sometimes he goes into a tantrum.. (teething doesn't help)

:(

Quoting cabsmom10:

I'm the same way with my 13 month old. What is great about this age, is YOU can now control when he nurses....on the flip side, this is when they can be very demanding. My son acts like a newborn and tries to nurse all day long. When he acts like this, I try to take his attention elsewhere. I have tried to wean for the same reasons as you, tired and frustrating with nursing, but he is at the age where he needs me the most. He had major separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. I'm hoping he out grows it soon, and then I'm going to try to wean a little more.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Could you be pregnant?
Don't be afraid to limit nursings. After a year, you call the shots!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM
No lol. Can't be.
It's been a while with Dh and I hahaha

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Could you be pregnant?

Don't be afraid to limit nursings. After a year, you call the shots!
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember feeling that way sometimes! It's normal in my book!
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM

i began to get angry with DS during his night feedings starting at 12 months, so DH and I decidedd that I'd be off night duty as long as I had enough milk pumped.  It was soooo nice to have my nights back while DH fed him epressed milk  :)

If you're irritated at your child nursing, it sounds like YOU migh NEED to start the weaning process.  (If mama ain't happy, no one's happy!)

lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Been there with all three of mine. I pushed through it by reminding myself what I was doing was more for their benefit then mine (although, breastfeeding does have a lot of benefits to mom too). I nursed dd1 to 3.5, dd2 to 21 months(her I did push a bit towards weaning- but I was pregnant w/ their brother and developed an aversion), and ds is still going at 17 months. But I definitely have days where I just feel done,and others where I never want to be done, haha.

proudMom2634
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I think its normal and fair because your DS is 13mo already. My DD 21months is till BF though I can observe that she is starting to BF less when she is full so when I'm not in the mood to BF too long I make her tummy full..lol,. I also want to wean DD already but I don't like to force her. 

cabsmom10
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I know. Declan's is cutting all his molars at once. I really dislike nursing too, and trying so hard to limit it when he wakes and before bed, but he's not having it. That is really the only time I enjoy it.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

It helps to know I'm not alone. I try to distract him but sometimes he goes into a tantrum.. (teething doesn't help)

:(

Quoting cabsmom10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely normal. I had that feeling all through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)