Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does anyone else have in laws that drive them completely insane? I have to go into a different room to nurse my son, they say weird stuff all the time that I don't agree with and they always want to be around. The literally drive me crazy!!!

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Quoting Emadele:

Don't allow them to project their issues onto you and your baby! My in-laws did the same thing to me and it turned me into a closet-nurser! And it probably contributed to me forcing ds1 to wean at 14/15 mos way before he was ready to be done. Stand your ground now. You will be better off for it and it will make dealing with them with future children tons easier!

This,,,        And going into a different room to nurse is just fine. I would make sure that room has Books, mags, Tv, maybee some snacks and water, Lol. I would make them understand that the longer they keep talking, the less they will spend time with their Grandbaby!!!    Im lucky we have a town house so when someone comes over that I dont want to be around I just go upstairs to " Nurse the Baby " lol...

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Lol, no. My mom is overbearing but that's getting a little better since I don't mind talking back to my mom. (not mean but telling her how it is).

I'm sorry... I HATE to hear people going through this. Best thing you can do though is stand up for yourself. I don't have a problem telling people how it is. Nice at first but I can get snippy if I need to. Although I understand that's not easy for everyone to do.

Good luck and I hope it gets better!

Emadele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Then I would be sending *them* to another room when you feed. Don't put up with it. They're the ones with the problem and doing something wrong, not you. I had to tell my FIL while I was preg with ds2 that I will not hide, I will not be made to feel like I'm doing wrong and I will not put up with his or anyone else's comments or snide remarks. I told him if he doesn't want to see it or has a problem with it *he* can leave the room. Along with anyone else.

Quoting poosey08:

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
conweis
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I come from a very brash family. A simple fuck off"" seems to suffice for my in-laws and family.

Monkeymama930
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Ok confession! I hate my in laws I'm Unitarian there southern baptist, she never nursed I still nurse my 15m old, we send are kids to catholic school they think the pope is the devil. Seeing a pattern! Our solution well first my husband tried to talk to them that didn't work so now we ignore them and just see them on Christmas birthdays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Myruhbel
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yes! My Father-in-Law is cool but my Mother-In-Law is completely annoying and she's a disaster! >=| She washes PAPER plates, plastic cups, Plastic utensils, keeps all the mcdonalds, carls jr cups and even refolds their used napkins and leaves them on the table. She's also very repetitive when she asks a question she repeats herself when i give her an answer. She's also very nosey and keeps peeking out of her door to listen and see what we re up to(??), she constantly tries to find out what we've eaten for dinner, etc. I'm tired of her cooking and no one eats it too because often times the food is bland or the items she uses are rotten. (Molded and such) I try to dispose of them and she gets mad and texts me telling me to stop throwing her vegetables away. When I tell her the reason why she says its none of my business what she does with molded and rotting vegetables! So i text her back and said DO NOT EVEN TRY TO GIVE MY CHILDREN YOUR FOOD THEN BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT EAT IT. You are not alone. Often times my husband and I aregue because i want to get out of this house already and get far away from her.
poosey08
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Good idea!!! If I only saw them that much it would be great!!! Definitely taking a break from them right now.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Ok confession! I hate my in laws I'm Unitarian there southern baptist, she never nursed I still nurse my 15m old, we send are kids to catholic school they think the pope is the devil. Seeing a pattern! Our solution well first my husband tried to talk to them that didn't work so now we ignore them and just see them on Christmas birthdays.

poosey08
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

yes, it causes way too many fights!!! ridiculous!!!

Quoting Myruhbel:

Yes! My Father-in-Law is cool but my Mother-In-Law is completely annoying and she's a disaster! >=| She washes PAPER plates, plastic cups, Plastic utensils, keeps all the mcdonalds, carls jr cups and even refolds their used napkins and leaves them on the table. She's also very repetitive when she asks a question she repeats herself when i give her an answer. She's also very nosey and keeps peeking out of her door to listen and see what we re up to(??), she constantly tries to find out what we've eaten for dinner, etc. I'm tired of her cooking and no one eats it too because often times the food is bland or the items she uses are rotten. (Molded and such) I try to dispose of them and she gets mad and texts me telling me to stop throwing her vegetables away. When I tell her the reason why she says its none of my business what she does with molded and rotting vegetables! So i text her back and said DO NOT EVEN TRY TO GIVE MY CHILDREN YOUR FOOD THEN BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT EAT IT. You are not alone. Often times my husband and I aregue because i want to get out of this house already and get far away from her.

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Tonight dh went to get take out and ran into an old ex from like 10 yrs ago (sarah). So he tells us and mil yells "oh Sarah was the love of his life".
I said "are u f*cking kidding me?" She was like "what?"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poosey08
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

she sounds like areal gem!!! I feel for you!!!

Quoting JaxMomma78:

Tonight dh went to get take out and ran into an old ex from like 10 yrs ago (sarah). So he tells us and mil yells "oh Sarah was the love of his life".
I said "are u f*cking kidding me?" She was like "what?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN