Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Introduction and question!!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello... I'm a first time mom and I solely breast feed. My little one is 2 months old and we just started leaving the house to run errands because I'm going back to work in 2 weeks and I need to get used to getting out with him alone. I don't want to nurse in public because my boobs are huge and I feel exposed. So, I usually pump before I leave. When, you take you baby out do you put the milk in a cooler bag or do you take out at room temp.? If I use a cooler how do you warm the milk? Please help this clueless first time mom.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

YOu can keep it at room temp. Have you tried layering shirts & nursing in front of a mirror so you can see what others (can't) see?? I'm also large chested(DDD) while nursing & never use a cover but no one sees anything when I nurse. Do know that while out you still have to pump for that missed feeding to keep your supply up. IMO it's easier to just nurse.

BabyFruit Ticker

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastmilk is good at room temperature for 6-8 hours. At her age, make one or two 2ounce slow-flow bottles depending on how long you'll be out. You will need to pump for any missed feeding from the breast to keep supply up and avoid plugged ducts and engorgement. Give an ounce at a time, Burp after each ounce.
That being said, if you don't stay out too long you can nurse right before you go out and she should be fine till you get home. Some babies will only take a bottle from a caregivers and not mom. There are pictures and videos that show how to nurse discretely, even with large breasts. I was able to do so, and I was nearly a DDD! It just takes a bit of practice. Kellymom.com should have some information on this as well.
Sweetestmoma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Thank you all so much for the help!!! I really need it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN