Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OMG! went through old posts..update in blue! SUCCESS!!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

I went through my old posts in this group, i wanted to see when i started taking my thyroid and what happened. just as i suspected, right after i started taking my thyroid meds things went from bad to worse.

before i started taking them i was pumping 2oz every 2 hours... thats pretty good! then as i was reading on, after i started taking them, it started to gradually decline to an ounce, half ounce....less. and i was describing baby as constantly  hungry (of course he did have a tongue tie as well however.) 

well then. how long do you think it might take to get my milk supply up?? im taking the dom, his latch figured it, we are laying skin to skin right now and hes kinda lazily eating. i hope it doesnt take too long.

YAY! 3 great diapers so far today! my milk is letting down great! the domperidone is working. :) i pumped an ounce and a half this morning.

also, I stepped on the scale myself, i lost 5 pounds this week since they upped those meds - no wonder he lost weight. stupid docs. my "hypothyroid symptoms" have also disappeared since I have cut out gluten. I dont think i was even hypothyroid ever, i think it was just gluten messing with me.  and rhythmm gained 2oz!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

thank you

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Bump

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Get in bed with baby skin to skin. Nurse at will. Supply surge in 24 hours.

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

kk ive beeen power pumping as well..

Quoting gdiamante:

Get in bed with baby skin to skin. Nurse at will. Supply surge in 24 hours.

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I'm on day 2 of dom and it seems to be going better today.  It's 9:30 pm and we haven't had a screaming hunger fit, she pooped again after yesterday, and I pumped 2 oz after feeding her vs nothing. 

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM

tthats great!! where did you buy yours? I'm trying to see if there is anywhere that does faster shipping because i ordered from inhousepharmacy and the fastest shipping was 5-8 days. i  only have enough for a few days :(

Quoting PoodleMum:

I'm on day 2 of dom and it seems to be going better today.  It's 9:30 pm and we haven't had a screaming hunger fit, she pooped again after yesterday, and I pumped 2 oz after feeding her vs nothing. 

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

It was left over from my first, a friend sent it to me.  Mine isn't going to last til my check comes and I can order more :/  Good luck!

Quoting LucyHourglass:

tthats great!! where did you buy yours? I'm trying to see if there is anywhere that does faster shipping because i ordered from inhousepharmacy and the fastest shipping was 5-8 days. i  only have enough for a few days :(

Quoting PoodleMum:

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM

thanks momma - i'm trying tos ee if maybe i know any moms with some lying around or something but pretty much every momma i know around here has oversupply and never had to try it.

Quoting PoodleMum:

It was left over from my first, a friend sent it to me.  Mine isn't going to last til my check comes and I can order more :/  Good luck!

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting PoodleMum:

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM

bump

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesnt shock me at all, those meds were and are a big issue.  Do what you can and I think you should see a difference in a matter of days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN