Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Edit What they don't tell you about BFing...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 106 Replies
5 moms liked this
1) it is messy!! I have never gone through so many burp cloths and reding blankets in my life! I feel like both DS and I should wear rain jackets 24/7.

2) Everyrhing leaks!! And all the time. While DS is sucking down one boob the other one will be spraying out like a shower head. And just when I think I have it covered it will start leaking in some backwards unforeseen place (I swear I have a third nipple).

3) My boobs laugh at those tiny breast pads. I have to take ultra thick burp cloths and stuff them down my bra.

4) my baby hates one of my boobs. Seriously he refuses my right boob. I have to trick him to get him to empty it.

5) BF babies poop a LOT!! But I guess that is better than the opposite problem I had with my formula fed babies.

Anyone have anything else they want to add?

Okay, some people have taken this as me complaining, but really I love BFing. I just wish I had been warned lol.

So I will add all the things I love about BFing...

1) I love that it gives me an excuse to hold my baby all the time. With my older boys I wanted to hold them all the time but always felt the need to get up and do other things - like housework. Now feeding my baby is more important than dishes.

2) I love how it made my body shrunk back to normal.

3) I love the bond I have with DS.

4) I love not having to pack bottles or wash bottles of prepare bottles... Ect

5) I love the non stinky poop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Sorry I rambled
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitemebetty
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
My breastfed baby rarely poops. Maybe once every 8 days lol. No one told me my boobs would get full and look square lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM
9 moms liked this
Just because they don't have teeth doesn't mean they can't bite!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Very true!

It does sound like you are experiencing a bit of an oversupply issue! Once your supply gets down to what baby actually needs most (more likely ALL) of your lst will disappear!

Probably one reason why you were not told those things is because not everyone is so "lucky".

My friend easily fed her twins and never leaked a single drop! She never even needed breast pads, meanwhile I was nursing my one baby and needed to sleep with a towel.

Colleen86
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this

it becomes and ADDICTION to them. I CANNOT for the life of me get my baby to stop!! He will kick scream and rip my shirt off if he had the strength to get to my boobs.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I was told it should adjust around 6-12 weeks.

You sound like me. I sleep with a towel.

I do laundry 15 times a day it seems

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Very true!

It does sound like you are experiencing a bit of an oversupply issue! Once your supply gets down to what baby actually needs most (more likely ALL) of your lst will disappear!

Probably one reason why you were not told those things is because not everyone is so "lucky".

My friend easily fed her twins and never leaked a single drop! She never even needed breast pads, meanwhile I was nursing my one baby and needed to sleep with a towel.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM
That sounds like my other two kids.

I have to give my three year old fiber one bars so that he can poop

Quoting Bitemebetty:

My breastfed baby rarely poops. Maybe once every 8 days lol. No one told me my boobs would get full and look square lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You will never be alone again, baby will always be attached to you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

This one for sure!!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

You will never be alone again, baby will always be attached to you

outstandingLove
by Cheri on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I was just thinking to myself last night about #1. Seriously i was like no one ever mentioned that i'd be getting milk all over everything all the time. Drips on to my shirt, bra, pants, my daughters clothes, the recieving blanket, the sheets on the bed. lol

And 2. I didn't realize i'd just randomly leak. I had heard about leaking when babies cry or just after/before a regular feeding. ...But it just comes out at any old time it pleases throughout the day.

#4. The poop! I've actually noticed a little less poop in the past few days (she's 4weeks old now), But especially in those first few days, every diaper chnage was a poopy diaper change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)