Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Edit What they don't tell you about BFing...

Posted by   + Show Post
1) it is messy!! I have never gone through so many burp cloths and reding blankets in my life! I feel like both DS and I should wear rain jackets 24/7.

2) Everyrhing leaks!! And all the time. While DS is sucking down one boob the other one will be spraying out like a shower head. And just when I think I have it covered it will start leaking in some backwards unforeseen place (I swear I have a third nipple).

3) My boobs laugh at those tiny breast pads. I have to take ultra thick burp cloths and stuff them down my bra.

4) my baby hates one of my boobs. Seriously he refuses my right boob. I have to trick him to get him to empty it.

5) BF babies poop a LOT!! But I guess that is better than the opposite problem I had with my formula fed babies.

Anyone have anything else they want to add?

Okay, some people have taken this as me complaining, but really I love BFing. I just wish I had been warned lol.

So I will add all the things I love about BFing...

1) I love that it gives me an excuse to hold my baby all the time. With my older boys I wanted to hold them all the time but always felt the need to get up and do other things - like housework. Now feeding my baby is more important than dishes.

2) I love how it made my body shrunk back to normal.

3) I love the bond I have with DS.

4) I love not having to pack bottles or wash bottles of prepare bottles... Ect

5) I love the non stinky poop.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Pumping sucks IMO

People are sometimes still uncomfortable with you feeding your baby, even if your covered.

Your boobs might get some crazy illnesses, this for sure was known about to me, but my male Doctor sure seemed to have little knowledge to give me other then meds.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm never alone anyways.

But I love how I always have to him, it gives me extra snuggle time.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

You will never be alone again, baby will always be attached to you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If u bf a toddler eventually he will unbutton your shirt in the most embarrassing place :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

6. they are more clingy than formula fed babies

7. they wake up more times during the night then formula fed babies do

8. i have seen they are gassier than normal 

9. they are more likely to be over protective of anyone touching you you.. 

well this is my experience atleast.. my oldest was formula fed and he is little mr independant and has been since he was born. my baby is wanting me 24-7 and god forbid anyone hugs me or touches me.. he will attach them for being too close to my boobies 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
No one ever told me what a HUGE pain in the ass pumping was!! I work full time and pumped every day from the time my daughter was 3 months old until she turned a year. I hated every minute of it but sacrificed those 9 months because what a short time that is to give your child something so very important. But man, what a chore!!
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

6. Not true here for sure. My  middle child is my absolutely clingist & she was formula fed

7. Nope, my older two woke up more than my youngest & they were ff.

8.Again not true for us, my oldest(who was intolerant of milk but still ff) was the WORST

9.Absolutely NOT true! lol

Maybe these are true for you but  to generalise that they are true for most bf babies is  not true. I've actually seen over my 11 yrs of being a mom the opposite.

Quoting Meghan6391:

well this is my experience atleast.. my oldest was formula fed and he is little mr independant and has been since he was born. my baby is wanting me 24-7 and god forbid anyone hugs me or touches me.. he will attach them for being too close to my boobies 

BabyFruit Ticker

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Not if you don't allow it. My son was bf until 25 months & never once did he unbutton my shirt because I taught him nursing manners from the beginning & stopped anything  I was not ok with.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

If u bf a toddler eventually he will unbutton your shirt in the most embarrassing place :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM
These are so true! Lol
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Im confused withe the last statement.

Quoting workoutmom2b1g:

Pumping sucks IMO

People are sometimes still uncomfortable with you feeding your baby, even if your covered.

Your boobs might get some crazy illnesses, this for sure was known about to me, but my male Doctor sure seemed to have little knowledge to give me other then meds.

Meghan6391
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

all my friends who have had more than one kid and have had both ff and bf babies have agreed with what i stated lol. my formula fed boy also isnt as chubby as my bf baby is. my ff is now 3 1/2 years old and is very tall just very skinny.. he can fit in 2t for his tummy to fit but 5t for his height. my 1 month old is bf and is wearing 3m clothes already. he is just sooo chubby lol. he also refuses to let me out of his reach

Quoting mamabens:

6. Not true here for sure. My  middle child is my absolutely clingist & she was formula fed

7. Nope, my older two woke up more than my youngest & they were ff.

8.Again not true for us, my oldest(who was intolerant of milk but still ff) was the WORST

9.Absolutely NOT true! lol

Maybe these are true for you but  to generalise that they are true for most bf babies is  not true. I've actually seen over my 11 yrs of being a mom the opposite.

Quoting Meghan6391:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN