Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No support. About to cry

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm trying to fully breastfeed no formula. And so far I been only giving one bottle a day. Today I tried to just breast feed. And I'm doing good. She's really fussy and crying Kicking just fussy! And it's frustrating & it doesn't help when my bf is complaining just give her the bottle! Ur starving her! She's hungry! That's messd up ur letting her starve! I feel like to cry he not even being supportive! Like help calming her down. I know she's getting enough' because last night I pumped almost 3 oz and she only drinks 2 oz and gets full. I'm trying to explain to him she's not starving she crying cuz she's lazy to suck the nipple that she not trying cuz she thinks I'm just going to give her the bottle. Ahh I'm so frustrated sad & getting mad!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amiesmomma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Deep breaths, momma.  It's hard when they're little.  Babies cry for a lot of reasons, hungry included.  Have you tried laying on your side in bed and nursing that way?  That always gave me a breather (and a quiet time with just baby).  Really and truly, baby doesn't need the bottle.

noah_mom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Dont worry this happened 2 me bt instead he was trying so hard n was nipple feeding n it hurted I jus bairly got used 2 it.. Jus keep feeding n doing wats best for u n baby :)
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

How old is baby?

Clh1989
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM
You're doing the right thing! I'm sure she will nurse and calm down a bit soon. Hang in there!
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

stop the bottles. if you want her to stop fussing put her to the breast to stop nipple confusion. If bf wont be supportive tell him to take his opinions somewhere else or find a constructive way to help.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Tell Bf to back off. Take baby to bed and nurse, no bottles. If she is making 6-8 diapers a day, she is not starving. Poopy or extra wet count as two. It is very easy to overfeed with a bottle which will make her tummy hurt. her small, frequent feedings will build and maintain your supply. Vent here as much as you need to--we're here for you!
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Relax. Deep breaths. Take baby somewhere quiet and try again. Keep trying she will get it. You're doing great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.. you can do this! 

Quoting lifeforchrist: Stop the bottles. If you want her to stop fussing put her to the breast to stop nipple confusion. If boyfriend won't be supportive, tell him to take his opinions somewhere else or find a constructive way to help.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It really sucks that your partner is not your biggest cheerleader, championing for the health of his baby in support of your decision and attempts to be successful. Google the article "101 Reasons to Breastfeed" and have him read it. Tell him if he can find 21 reasons to formula feed than you'd consider it.

Every ounce of formula the baby gets is one ounce your body gives up ever making. Not to mention the very real nipple confusion and bottle flow preference you're already describing.

I understand dads get frustrated at crying babies and just want it to stop quickly, and a bottle shoved in their mouth seems to have the more immediate effect than the baby fussing at the breast (made more complicated than necessary by the bottles already). All the research is behind you, no matter what family isn't. I applaud your dedication despite the lack of support. I hope he quickly sees that you are trying to be the best mother to his child. I love when dads start to see their wives as these mother-goddesses nurturing their babies with mother superhuman milk production.
Jacylove
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM
7 weeks

Quoting K8wizzo:

How old is baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)