Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I'm trying to fully breastfeed no formula. And so far I been only giving one bottle a day. Today I tried to just breast feed. And I'm doing good. She's really fussy and crying Kicking just fussy! And it's frustrating & it doesn't help when my bf is complaining just give her the bottle! Ur starving her! She's hungry! That's messd up ur letting her starve! I feel like to cry he not even being supportive! Like help calming her down. I know she's getting enough' because last night I pumped almost 3 oz and she only drinks 2 oz and gets full. I'm trying to explain to him she's not starving she crying cuz she's lazy to suck the nipple that she not trying cuz she thinks I'm just going to give her the bottle. Ahh I'm so frustrated sad & getting mad!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-18):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Back away from the bottles its making everything worse!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Jacylove:

I'm trying to fully breastfeed no formula. And so far I been only giving one bottle a day. Today I tried to just breast feed. And I'm doing good. She's really fussy and crying Kicking just fussy!
Good! We LIKE fussy babies. The ones who don't fuss are up to something; they're the Evil Minions of the Teletubbies!
And it's frustrating & it doesn't help when my bf is complaining just give her the bottle! Ur starving her! She's hungry! That's messd up ur letting her starve!
Ask him to count the diapers for you. That is, if he's capable of counting to six. If he's not, I suggst no more reproducing with the Cave Man. 
Yep, I'm pissed for you.
Tell him this too: Starving babies don't have energy to fuss. If a baby is too quiet, they may have stopped breathing. 
I feel like to cry he not even being supportive!
The ONLY support you need comes from the Woman In Your Mirror.
Like help calming her down.
I'm coming over their with my baseball bat. **hiff huff huff**
I know she's getting enough' because last night I pumped almost 3 oz and she only drinks 2 oz and gets full. I'm trying to explain to him she's not starving she crying cuz she's lazy to suck the nipple that she not trying cuz she thinks I'm just going to give her the bottle. Ahh I'm so frustrated sad & getting mad!

Take the bottles to the trash RIGHT NOW. 

I need to read the rest of this thread but I'm still thinking about using my baseball bat on him.

Monkeymama930
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Me and my husband had a short lived debate like this our solution we gave our son a bottle but it only had water in it. Eventually his love for milk won out over his laziness and he went to all bf and my hubby was no longer worried about our son being thirsty. And he is still bf at 15m I am happy to say :-)
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:55 PM
This! When i was taking my son from bottles of breastmilk to breastfeeding he was fussy for just a couple of days. I just stayed in bed with him topless and nursed. I watched tv and read books and just laid there and nursed. He will get used to it in a day or 2. Tell your bf that she has had plenty of wet diapers so she is NOT starving!

Quoting amiesmomma:

Deep breaths, momma.  It's hard when they're little.  Babies cry for a lot of reasons, hungry included.  Have you tried laying on your side in bed and nursing that way?  That always gave me a breather (and a quiet time with just baby).  Really and truly, baby doesn't need the bottle.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Sorry hes not being supportive :( the beginnjng is always tbs hardest for everyone. My firsy had colic and other issues....it was hard. What i did was nurse for everything, and wore him (he needed constant physical contact). Anyways, just continue to nursd for everything, and dont give into those bottlrs.
bloomsr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Your bf sounds selfish. He wants you to quiet down the baby so he can have a more relaxed environment and is trying to guilt you into giving formula. Sorry you have to deal w him being such a jerk:( hang in there- you're doing great!!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
This!!
You're doing all the right things mama. She's going to be MAD, but as long as you don't give in, it WILL pass! :)

Quoting lifeforchrist:

stop the bottles. if you want her to stop fussing put her to the breast to stop nipple confusion. If bf wont be supportive tell him to take his opinions somewhere else or find a constructive way to help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Breastfeeding is a frustrating thing to learn for a mama and baby as it is. Having to switch to a completely different nipple can be hard for a little one. Having a lack of support is I am sure, nervewracking and upsetting thing, but you KNOW your baby is getting what's best and it will all get easier with time. Good luck and stay strong. You know that even if your SO isn't rooting for you yet, we sure are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN