Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Think some is wrong with my left boob! help please

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

Looking for advice! I think something is wrong with my left boob. My daughter is 13 months and still nursing. About 5 days ago she bit me and ever since then my nipple hurts like crazy and just gotten worse over the days. Even just touching fabric of my bra/shirt. At first I though it might just be sore because she bit me. But also ever since than my left boob has been constantly fuller than my right. And now I am getting a stinging sensation throughout my boob when she nurses. So I think it could be something else. For the past couple days I have been sick too. Runny nose, sore throat, feeling exhausted all the time. I know that could be linked to mastitis, but I'm not sure that's it. Any ideas? It's killing me, I don't want to nurse on that side, but she always does!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Could very well be thrush, too. First, you need to get milk moving out of that breast. Get in a hot shower, let the hot water flow over your breast, massage/hand express. Secondly, check her mouth for white spots or patches. If you see them, get some Gentian Violet from the pharmacy. The article on thrush at kellymom.com has directions for use, and other procedures that will help.
Daynaof3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Go get checked out, anytime there is a break in the skin(however little or big it may be) you are more likely to develop infection.

ivilayla
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thanks! Ill try the shower. We've had thrush before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)