Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

State mandated FREE breast pump

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this
Y'all I'm so excited!!! Just got off the phone with my insurance company and under the obamacare act pumps are covered 100%!!!! I'm thrilled!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucaslexie
by Hollie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
It is a Medela pump in style :)
Alliegracesmom
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
How do I find out about this?
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Call your insurance company.

Quoting Alliegracesmom:

How do I find out about this?
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Even though dd is 22 months and I probably wouldn't even respond to a pump, I'm totally getting super jealous and want one! lol! I just texted DF and told him to call up and get me my free pump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clasater
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! Looks like I have a phone call to make!
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I need to do this. I wonder if it's only for working moms or any mom? ALso do you have to ask for it before you have the baby(if so how far is too far in advance) & if not how long after?

BabyFruit Ticker

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I checked my plan and it says, Too bad baby is 3.5 months old. So he was too old by the time it started to get an electric.

If you decide to breast feed your new baby, and want to buy a breast pump and supplies, you can purchase directly from the Aetna participating breast pump suppliers below. 

If your plan covers in network women’s preventive services at no cost share, you can get a breast pump from the suppliers below at no out-of-pocket cost. You will not pay any co-pay, coinsurance or deductible.

Even if your plan does not cover women’s preventive services with no cost share, you can still get a breast pump from the suppliers listed below at an Aetna discounted rate. 

The Women’s Preventive Health Breast Feeding Benefit includes:

• a standard electric pump (non-hospital-grade) within 60 days of birth, once every three years, or
  • a manual breast pump within 12 months of birth, if you have not received an electric or a manual breast pump in the last three years, and 
  • another set of breast pump supplies if you get pregnant again before you are eligible for a new pump.
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Plans with the women’s preventive services benefit also cover up to six visits with a lactation consultant if you need support with breast feeding. Your in-network ob/gyn or pediatrician may offer these services through their office. You may also check our online provider directory on Aetna Navigator®. Or call the Member Services number on your Aetna ID card to find a lactation consultant in our network.

The electric options they have are Melodi Advanced Breast Pump,
Medela Pump In Style Advanced, and
Ameda Purely Yours breast pump,  it doesn't say what the manual pump options are.

prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM
My insurance said they do not cover it . Does it have to be state insurance ?
ckroch
by Colleen on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
5 moms liked this
If our government is covering medela pis's for every pregnant/nursing woman- it's no wonders were billions in debt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)