Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Its been a little over 30 hours...

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Since Markus (16 months) has nursed. He's asked a couple of times but I just offered him something else to drink and lots of cuddles. He's still handling it all well. :-). This pic was our last nursing pic. Ill be honest, I dont really miss nursing him...yet. Im sure I will later but Im really enjoying the extra freedom.
He did wake to nurse last night but I just cuddled, sang and rocked him and he eventually fell asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

awwie , my daughter is 2 and I dnt know when shes gonna wean but your picture made me sad thinking she will wean probably sooner then later. my daughter doesnt look to be much bigger then your son lol. she only about 22 pounds so I guess I feel shes smaller then she is lol

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Awww...:). I wanted to have him weaned by his 2nd bday. Just personal preference. He has moments where hes really upset but he doesn't stay upset for long. Markus probably weighs around 20lbs. Your daughter sounds so cute!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

awwie , my daughter is 2 and I dnt know when shes gonna wean but your picture made me sad thinking she will wean probably sooner then later. my daughter doesnt look to be much bigger then your son lol. she only about 22 pounds so I guess I feel shes smaller then she is lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I understand , my daughter was born with a rythmic issue shes never had a bottle or sippy because of it an she only uses an open cup on her terms lol , an so she def uses nursing to go to sleep at night lol. My daughter woud have a pure melt down she gets so upset when I tell her to wait lol, you would think I told her she would never see me again lol. Aw year my daughter was 22 pounds last time we went to the dr she feels like she gained a few pounds . She can still fit 12 months but I put her in 18 -24 months so they are some what roomier (if that makes sense). I love your picture though!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Awww...:). I wanted to have him weaned by his 2nd bday. Just personal preference. He has moments where hes really upset but he doesn't stay upset for long. Markus probably weighs around 20lbs. Your daughter sounds so cute!

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I LOVE that pictures! I am in the process of night weaning, and today when my two yr old nursed, looked up at me just like that, and gave me a sweet smile, I just about melted!

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Lol. Markus used to be like that. I gave up weaning and tried a couple of months after. He has dealt with it amazingly well. Markus can wear 12 months but I put him in stuff from 18 - 24 months.

Thank you. :).

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I understand , my daughter was born with a rythmic issue shes never had a bottle or sippy because of it an she only uses an open cup on her terms lol , an so she def uses nursing to go to sleep at night lol. My daughter woud have a pure melt down she gets so upset when I tell her to wait lol, you would think I told her she would never see me again lol. Aw year my daughter was 22 pounds last time we went to the dr she feels like she gained a few pounds . She can still fit 12 months but I put her in 18 -24 months so they are some what roomier (if that makes sense). I love your picture though!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Thank you! :). I love that look. There is so much love in their little eyes.

Quoting Precious333:

I LOVE that pictures! I am in the process of night weaning, and today when my two yr old nursed, looked up at me just like that, and gave me a sweet smile, I just about melted!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Awe...nice picture.  

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I'm glad it's going well! When I force weaned my oldest, she was completely over it within 2 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow! He's taken a little longer. Im so proud of him and I both. I lasted longer breastfeeding him than I anticipated and hes doing so well weaning.

Quoting larissalarie:

I'm glad it's going well! When I force weaned my oldest, she was completely over it within 2 days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN