Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help ASAP!! advice please *update*

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 31 Replies
Okay I read on that Kelly thing that chances of getting pregnant while breastfeeding is zero in first 3 months. Now the thing is 2 days a ago I fully switched to breast feeding I use to formula/breast feed now I 100%breast feed day & night. I'm so scared!! I'm freaking out! We had sex unprotected. Thinking tomarrow I'll just get plan b. Idiot me!!! I read that plan b will ruin ur milk supply decreasing it' ahh please advice no bashing I already know it was a stupid thing to do!

_update_
I went to hospital today and got next choice. And got on depo birthcontrol :/ I really didnt want to get on birthcontrol. I didn't want to decrease my milk supply. But I highly doubt we will be having protected sex. Too lazy. (he is) && well not the question is...
What can I do to keep my milk supply up??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Not necessarily true. I EBF (as in no formula, pacifier, bottle, etc) and got my period after 6 weeks. In order for that to ever be true is while exclusively bfing with no supplement. (And even then, like me, may not be effective. ) Nurse on demand, pump and stay hydrated to counteract the decrease. Good luck.
Jacylove
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM
So ur saying to take plan b?

Quoting Duquesne:

Not necessarily true. I EBF (as in no formula, pacifier, bottle, etc) and got my period after 6 weeks. In order for that to ever be true is while exclusively bfing with no supplement. (And even then, like me, may not be effective. ) Nurse on demand, pump and stay hydrated to counteract the decrease. Good luck.
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Midwife just told me that once your ovaries have more than a four to five hour break between feedings, they become fertile again.  So if your LO is sleeping through the night, EBFing isn't going to work as pregnancy preventative...

Jacylove
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I breastfeed her 3 or 4 times a night

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Midwife just told me that once your ovaries have more than a four to five hour break between feedings, they become fertile again.  So if your LO is sleeping through the night, EBFing isn't going to work as pregnancy preventative...

Duquesne
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I'm saying you're probably not protected by lam and could conceive again. :)

Quoting Jacylove:

So ur saying to take plan b?

Quoting Duquesne:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Any interruption in the natural sucking demand of the baby is enough to nix the protective benefits of breastfeeding. Any bottles and pacifiers already gave the estrogen in your body the chance to start sneaking back up. Breastfeeding exclusively (no bottles, no pacifiers, not even one) stomp it back down a bit. But I should wouldn't trust it now.

NFP can help you determine your fertility. Did you happen to notice if you were getting any of that "egg white cervical fluid"? That is a sure clue that fertility is returning.
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Your chances are low but there is a chance.
It's your call on the plan b it will likely decrease your milk supply but you will be able to build it back up. if you get prego you would not be able to rebuild it.
I'm not familiar with how drastictly it will effect your supply
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Plan B is progestin-only and won't effect supply in the majority of women.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Your chances are low but there is a chance.
It's your call on the plan b it will likely decrease your milk supply but you will be able to build it back up. if you get prego you would not be able to rebuild it.
I'm not familiar with how drastictly it will effect your supply

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Next choice not plan b. do next choice and your milk (at least for me) was fine. It actually increased for a couple days.
But as for you being prego no breastfeeding is not 100% worry free :/ no matter if you start or switch or what ever.so you can do next choice same as plan b but safe while breastfeeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM

With my son I got pregnant 6 months post partum, exclusively Breastfeeding only, and while using condoms! I do not trust it as BC, and if I were you I wouldn't since baby has had bottles and pacis. Personally, I would get plan B and use Protection from now on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)