Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HS refusing to allow teen mom to continue breast feeding

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you seen this? Sorry mobile.

http://www.mommatraumablog.com/1/post/2013/01/delaware-teen-mom-denied-breastfeeding-accommodations.html
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM
And there already is accommodations. That's the alternative school

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Kimbyann:

The site wont work on my phone so i don't know what it says but my feelings are that a HS shouldn't have to do anything because HS students shouldn't have sex or babies.

Teenagers shouldn't have sex, but they do. Every day. All day. Every year. And some even manage to get pregnant.

If this was a teacher that needed a place to pump for her baby, she would have gotten it. How should that be any different for a teenager that wants to do the same thing for her child?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
She would have plenty of time at breaks and lunch to pump and still get to class, especially once a routine is created.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Okay and if she misses those 15mins of class is it still going to be treated as an absent? Is she going to stay after school to make up the work?

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Kimbyann:

The site wont work on my phone so i don't know what it says but my feelings are that a HS shouldn't have to do anything because HS students shouldn't have sex or babies.

Teenagers shouldn't have sex, but they do. Every day. All day. Every year. And some even manage to get pregnant.

If this was a teacher that needed a place to pump for her baby, she would have gotten it. How should that be any different for a teenager that wants to do the same thing for her child?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I give my cousin who had her son at 16 so many props for BF him! I was so dumb at 21 still, and didn't BF my oldest or my 2nd. So thankful I woke up and BF my 3rd and currently my 4th. Shame on them!!

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

This post really annoys me. THIS is adding to the negative stigma breastfeeding gets. She is a great example for other young moms and her peers. 

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Really???? I went to catholic school, so students weren't supposed to have sex yet using birth control was wrong too... So if you got pregnant you couldn't even attend that school anymore.... That makes no sense. Just because its against the norm and best interest of a student to get pregnant, at least she's choosing to feed in the best interest of her child.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

She would have plenty of time at breaks and lunch to pump and still get to class, especially once a routine is created.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Okay and if she misses those 15mins of class is it still going to be treated as an absent? Is she going to stay after school to make up the work?

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Well, if you listened to your school you wouldn't be in that situation

Quoting LLbaby143:

Really???? I went to catholic school, so students weren't supposed to have sex yet using birth control was wrong too... So if you got pregnant you couldn't even attend that school anymore.... That makes no sense. Just because its against the norm and best interest of a student to get pregnant, at least she's choosing to feed in the best interest of her child.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I wasn't...... Actually I knew no one who had to quit school because of pregnancy but ey probably just had abortion.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Well, if you listened to your school you wouldn't be in that situation

Quoting LLbaby143:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Kimbyann:

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Sorry my phone is moblie i couldnt read the article but from what seeing in the comments stupid school!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Us too . Do they not have one

Quoting maggiandmike:

Crazy. Here in my area, we have a school for teen moms that both the child and mother attend for up to two years. So these mothers are accommodated to nurse. Why can't there also be this kind of program everywhere?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I hate the fact that you can't seem to go against the groups opinions on these things or you seem like a bad person. Its my opinion that teens shouldn't have sex. That's that. You don't have to agree. But an alternative school IS an accommodation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN