Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Falling asleep feeding

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 31 Replies

Does anyone else here Co-sleep with baby? I've got in the habit of sleeping on side with baby sleeping on his side feeding until asleep ( myself included!). I know some of you will frown on me because he is 2 months old sleeping in bed, but I actually feel better with him close by. He was real sick first two weeks and I had to sleep sitting up holding him due to congestion, so now he won't lay on back for extended periods of time without contact with me.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paradys
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM
As long as you're careful about blankets and pillows, co-sleeping is FINE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I coslept with all 4 of mine. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Still bfing and bedsharing with my 1 year old. And she's cuddled next to me as I type this. Nothing wrong with having a strong bond with your baby at night too. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mnmbaby
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I sleep the same way with my DD. I'm on my side with her facing me in my arms. I've been doing it for almost two months and she's going to be three months old on Friday. I started doing it because I was tired of freezing when I got up to feed her. I am, however, slowly trying to get her to sleep next to me, rather than in my arms, because she's starting to kick me n her sleep and it's annoying! lol

briebaby123
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM

It is TOTALLY fine!!
My dh fought it for 3 weeks, but we were sleeping with her anyways (reflux wouldn't allow her to sleep comfortably on her back), so how was bed gonna be any different!?!? haha So now she's almost 4 months, and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
The majority of us in here cosleep/bedshare, no frowning from us! ;)
As long as all safety precautions are being taken, enjoy your sleep! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I wish I could cosleep! DH has issues with extreme sweating and he moves so much because of it that it wouldn't be safe for us. 

briebaby123
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM

p.s It's in our nature as well. My dh and I have never gotten close to rolling over onto her. And most times, I wake up before she does to feed her. :]

Quoting briebaby123:

It is TOTALLY fine!!
My dh fought it for 3 weeks, but we were sleeping with her anyways (reflux wouldn't allow her to sleep comfortably on her back), so how was bed gonna be any different!?!? haha So now she's almost 4 months, and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

masonsmommy107
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
It didn't work for me and ds. I was half asleep and every time he made a noise I would wake him up thinking he needed to nurse. so now he sleeps in his room and I use a baby monitor. we both sleep better now! but if it works for you more power to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I've co-slept or bed-shared with all of mine.  My 3rd is the only one who wouldn't sleep in the bed with me, but all the others did.  I'm looking foward to having a baby in my bed again. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN