Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

It feels like I just started

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
We have 6mo down and I planned to bf for a year. Half way done already? It makes me sad, and I only have like 6oz frozen milk. How do you guys get 200oz of frozen milk?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
You don't have to stop at a year. Take it one day at a time. :) nursing past a year is extremely beneficial for baby and you.

And you also don't have to have a freezer stash. If you want one, you can start pumping in the mornings or so.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Unless you're a donor or you're exclusively pumping, there's no need for 200oz lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM
What they said! ^^^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I never had ANY milk stashed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I never have much stashed. I think the most I have had at one time was 30 ounces. I know the rule is pump every time baby has a bottle, but to me that defeated the purpose of pumping and giving baby a bottle in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I pumped after everytime d nursed and now I pump one breast first thing in the morning.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I've never had a milk stash because I have excess lipase so freezing my milk is a pain in the neck.  If I went out, I usually took baby along.  If I couldn't, I pumped that morning and left milk if I'd be gone long enough that he might need some.... he took maybe an ounce, once.

No need to stop at 1 year--there's so much benefit for you and baby in continuing.  Take it one day at a time. :)  We have been and now my nursling is 34 months and down to once or twice a day.  It makes me sad to think that he'll be done soon.

lulu_tattoos
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I pump about 4 oz a day right now to build a "just in case" supply. I pump a couple oz after a morning feeding and a couple oz after an afternoon feeding. Or before a feeding if I'm engorged and need to. I have enough in my freezer to get through maybe a day if something crazy happened and I couldn't nurse. it makes me feel better than the thought of using formula in those situations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)