Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

To much milk ?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ok , I think Made a mistake ! I started to pump a few nights ago because my nips where bleeding with blisters and really sore ( my milk had just came in) so I went and got a hand pump , I got panicked I couldn't get him latched on and I was bleeding .... Long night.

So I got him the bottle he did great! I was glad , yesterday I felt like I wanted to start breast feeding again from my breast. He latched right on, and they wernt as sore . Plus I was pumping a ton of milk , and I decided that I just want to breast feed.

Now my problem is I'm having so much milk. My boobs are hard and hurting, but I don't want to pump, I think it's making me produce more milk. How can I quit producing all this milk???

Oh and if you saw my other post , his jaundice levels went down without the formula that they wanted me to give him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Hand express *just enough* to take the edge off. Right now your body has no idea how many babies it's feeding, it will adjust. :)
And yay for his levels going down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Yep! Hand express just enough for relief. The engorgement will tell your body to slow down production to just what your baby needs.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Hand express *just enough* to take the edge off. Right now your body has no idea how many babies it's feeding, it will adjust. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
That's what I'm trying . It's killing me !

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yep! Hand express just enough for relief. The engorgement will tell your body to slow down production to just what your baby needs.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Hang in there mama! Express enough for comfort. If it is feeling unbearable, the express a bit.

Keep baby on one breast per feeding, and encourage frequent feeding. He will get plenty of milk from only one side because you have so much, and it will give your nipples a bit of a break using only one per feeding.

Make sure you get a good deep latch. Baby should have his chin in your breast, aim your nipple for the roof of his mouth when you latch him on.

juniebug11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Ok thanks for the advice , laying down right now is why we've been doing because he latches on good .

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Hang in there mama! Express enough for comfort. If it is feeling unbearable, the express a bit.

Keep baby on one breast per feeding, and encourage frequent feeding. He will get plenty of milk from only one side because you have so much, and it will give your nipples a bit of a break using only one per feeding.

Make sure you get a good deep latch. Baby should have his chin in your breast, aim your nipple for the roof of his mouth when you latch him on.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Good! Do whatever you need to to keep the latch good. Is it hurting at all while he's nursing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
It hurts at first , and sometimes I can tell when he latches on wrong. He like gulps , is that normal?

Quoting aehanrahan:

Good! Do whatever you need to to keep the latch good. Is it hurting at all while he's nursing?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Pain at the latch that goes away is normal and should go away eventually. Gulping is a normal sign of oversupply and overactive letdown and will subside as you get it under control.

Quoting juniebug11:

It hurts at first , and sometimes I can tell when he latches on wrong. He like gulps , is that normal?

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM
What will help that? I feel bad, like I'm the reason why it's over active . I thought pumping was helping.

Tonight my boobs are so lumpy & hard. It hurts really bad. I'm gonna try to express some again and put some visaline on there. Thanks for helping me!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Pain at the latch that goes away is normal and should go away eventually. Gulping is a normal sign of oversupply and overactive letdown and will subside as you get it under control.

Quoting juniebug11:

Quoting aehanrahan:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Nursing while laying down is one of the ways that we suggest to help with the forceful flow. Reclined nursing also helps, but only do that if you can get a good latch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN