Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Does it work?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
Nathan will be 2 weeks tomorrow and his left eye is "gunky" will breastmilk really clear it up?how would i do that?my milk doesnt reall "squirt" i can get like a drop or 2 out but thats it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Yes it really does work and all you need is a few drops! You can also use it for ear infections and put it in their nose to clean it out! 

BennyBaby09
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You can also help by gently massaging the corner of his eye down toward his nose. Both mine had that and while I didn't know about the extra uses for breast milk with my first I combined both for my second and it cleared up like the next day! Now I use it for diaper rashes, ear infections and it even helped clear up pink eye in my oldest. I didn't tell him it was milk tho lol just said it was "medicine"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM

It works.. a couple of drops is all you need! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Yep! I used my milk for everything under the sun. I hand expressed into a medicine cup and used a syringe to squirt the milk into whatever needed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM
thank you ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM

My aunt healed my cousin's eye infection with her milk. She just dripped a few drops into her eye and it was gone in a day or so.  I have never tried it because mine have never gotten eye infections.

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Yup. go ahead. help him out. A drop or two at a time just before you nurse, and then try it right after you nurse. Each time you nurse.

It isn't Western Medicine - one pill you're done. It's a treatment. He'll get better.

press your hand (flat) on your breast and push gently towards the center from 3-4 angles. you will find more milk has come down to be let out.

Blessings!

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

it is also the fastest healing substance for a cut. On any one, not just the baby. so if your toddler cuts themselves, clean it and put a few drops on there. Facial cuts heal with little or no scarring.  : D

There are more uses!

mama_carmel
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I have never heard of this. Thankfully I just stumbled upon this post! And you can't squirt any milk? That's all mine does. My DS is 19mo. and still, if I press on my boob the wrong way it will squirt! lol  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN