Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is going on?!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 35 Replies

Last night and this morning, my LO has been going from nursing okay to crying when I try. Last night, when trying to nurse him before bed (like we do every single night), I had to walk around with him for 10-20 mins before I could calm him down to eat. Mind you, he had just nursed less than an hour before this. This morning, he nursed on one side and stopped, so I burped him. He didn't seem hungry still so I cuddled with him a bit till I noticed he was making hungry face, so I tried offering him the other side, but nope, water works again. I had to walk around to calm him. Now he's sitting content in his swing. I don't know what this is. He is tired, I know that and he can't always fall asleep at the breast (yeah, btw, he's 2 months old tomorrow and he fights falling asleep while nursing, new one for me), but he fights nursing and sleeping and I just don't know what to do with him or where this behavior came from. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayla-Kay
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby girl is 3 months she will be 4 months on the 16th and sometimes does this too!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Glad to know I'm not alone on this, lol. I think I just worry that I'm nursing him too much. He always seems to be hungry unless he's sleeping. Guess I should just keep doing what I'm doing, when he freaks out, take a break and calm him, try again later. 

Quoting Kayla-Kay:

My baby girl is 3 months she will be 4 months on the 16th and sometimes does this too!!!

With Love,

Starshine

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM
It's normal :)
He may just not be as hungry, or he could be teething which can be really painful for them to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Could he be teething so soon?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

He may just not be as hungry, or he could be teething which can be really painful for them to nurse.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely! The pain of teething can start way before any visible signs. My dd started teething at 8 weeks old. Didn't sprout her first tooth until 14 months old!
Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

At this age he's probly going through growth spurts & starting teething. Have you tried a paci. I use one just to calm my little one to sleep after nursing. She just turned 5 months & just sprouted a tooth. She started showing the signs of teething at 2 months (drooling, fussing & puting everything in her mouth).

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I didn't know it could start so soon. Thank you

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Absolutely! The pain of teething can start way before any visible signs. My dd started teething at 8 weeks old. Didn't sprout her first tooth until 14 months old!
Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
We've been trying to get him a binkie but two of the ones we have make him gag and the thrid he chews on when I put it in his mouth.

Quoting christineT79:

At this age he's probly going through growth spurts & starting teething. Have you tried a paci. I use one just to calm my little one to sleep after nursing. She just turned 5 months & just sprouted a tooth. She started showing the signs of teething at 2 months (drooling, fussing & puting everything in her mouth).

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
So now my questions are how do I confirm he's teething and what do I do to make him feel better?
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)