Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last night and this morning, my LO has been going from nursing okay to crying when I try. Last night, when trying to nurse him before bed (like we do every single night), I had to walk around with him for 10-20 mins before I could calm him down to eat. Mind you, he had just nursed less than an hour before this. This morning, he nursed on one side and stopped, so I burped him. He didn't seem hungry still so I cuddled with him a bit till I noticed he was making hungry face, so I tried offering him the other side, but nope, water works again. I had to walk around to calm him. Now he's sitting content in his swing. I don't know what this is. He is tired, I know that and he can't always fall asleep at the breast (yeah, btw, he's 2 months old tomorrow and he fights falling asleep while nursing, new one for me), but he fights nursing and sleeping and I just don't know what to do with him or where this behavior came from. 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (31-35):
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

my son did that too around that time. hes 4.5 mo now and does it cause hes teething. i always have to walk him to feed him to start if hes cranky lol

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Good think there isn't an ear infection, sorry about the drainage.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

We just had a well baby check, he doesnt have an infection but he does have some drainage there that could be causing him some discomfort. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Well at least thats a good thing, ear infections is babies are AWFUL!!!!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I haven't noticed if it's one side or another, I had him on both sides last night and he was fine.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Question-does hey only freak when you lay him on one side? my DS did that, hed FLIP if I layed him on his left side and then id have to walk around and calm him, well 1/2 way through day 2 of him acting like this i took him to the dr and just like i thought he had an ear infection. just wondering if maybe it could be that

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I'm so happy there is no infection

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Good think there isn't an ear infection, sorry about the drainage.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

We just had a well baby check, he doesnt have an infection but he does have some drainage there that could be causing him some discomfort. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Well at least thats a good thing, ear infections is babies are AWFUL!!!!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I haven't noticed if it's one side or another, I had him on both sides last night and he was fine.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Question-does hey only freak when you lay him on one side? my DS did that, hed FLIP if I layed him on his left side and then id have to walk around and calm him, well 1/2 way through day 2 of him acting like this i took him to the dr and just like i thought he had an ear infection. just wondering if maybe it could be that

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlelambe2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It kind of seems like one big growth spurt between birth and three months! Lol

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Lol, I feel like we just finished a growth spurt. B babies grow so much

Quoting littlelambe2:

You can't nurse him too much. Let him nurse as often as he'd like. I do agree that he may be teething. My nephew cut his first tooth at 3 months! He is also most likely going through a growth spurt. It will get better soon :)

noah_mom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Some babies are born with teeth or a tooth

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Could he be teething so soon?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

It's normal :)

He may just not be as hungry, or he could be teething which can be really painful for them to nurse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)