Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bf for the first time in public and ended up wanting to cry:(

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 87 Replies
nathan had to go to the doctor today.they were really busy so when i asked if they had somewhere i could feed him they said you will have to wait everywhere is full.well nathan was hungry so i decided to swallow my pride and and just feed him.i did the 2 shirt this and used a blanket unfortionately he sounds like a pig when he eats so everyone knew what i was doing...this lady comes up and says that im being inappropriate and im ofending her and i neeeded to go do that in the bathroom.i felt like crying then i got mad.my baby is hungry im doing whats best for him so i said to her well the bottle in your kids mouth ofends me so either we can both go to the bathroom to feed our kids or i will continue to mind my business and you can do the same.she actually went to the receptionist and told on me.the receptioist said well if you dont like it dont look!this may have broken me from breastfeeding in public.i dont know if i can handle that every time i try to feed him:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ptowncards05
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Dont give up, not everyone is like that. I've been nursing in public for 11 months and never a bad comment. Just keep sticking up for yourself!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM
4 moms liked this
That lady was rude and out of line. People like that really tick me off. Don't give up on nursing in public! I have nursed all 4 of my boys and I have only ever gotten one negative comment in the 5+ years I have been nursing.
Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Most people aren't like that--I never ever had a bad experience with anyone and I nursed three kids, and keep in mind that the receptionist stuck up for you--most people are more like that than like the b*tch who was harassing you!  But also, there's nothing wrong with packing a bottle full of breastmilk for a trip if you get so stressed out about it that you're ruining your enjoyment of life...

farmlovin
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

You held your ground and did as you should (fed your hungry baby.) Do not let an idiot ruin you breastfeeding in public. The public needs more moms willing to do just what you did! Bravo, mama!

I hate confrontation, but I still do breastfeed in public. I've never had an issue with someone saying something to me...yet. If someone were to say something, I would have to stand my ground. No matter how uncomfortable it makes me. Again, you did a GREAT job.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Your comeback was so boss! Don't let that turd get you down. You did good, keep it up!
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
awe dont let it discourage you
next time someone says something tell them that they need to eat in private as well.
Im sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

People suck. Feed you baby. HUGS!!

gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be a smart a$$. Play dumb and say but if I don't feed him CPS will put me in jail for starving him. Besides I can't stand the crying when he is starving.

Journeysmama11
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

It won't happen everytime! Promise! I do it at McDonald's with my son without a cover! No one has ever said anything to me. You have the right to breastfeed in public. And I agree, a bottle (which has a nipple on it shaped to look like a boob) is offensive! lol! Next time someone says something say "well, I find your face offensive...maybe you should take it elsewhere!" lol or say what your thought "Your baby's bottle is shaped EXACTLY like a breast...so what's the difference?!" People are so dumb! Don't let them get you down! I love breastfeedng in public. When you get more comfortable with it the more you will LOOK comfortable and even if you aren't pretend. Because people are less likely to approach a confident person. I've had a lady walk out of a cafe when I started breastfeeding once...but didn't seem like anyone else blinked an eye at what I was doing. Ignore the Ignorant ones...

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I cried my first time nip. No one was rude but it was scary and hard but I tried again and you should do the same. One day it will be easy and normal.
Think of what a great example you were seeing and how proud you should be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)