Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I need to wait this out?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 2 Replies

My dd will be 1 in a little over a week. I planned to nurse until she turned 1yr. And we're almost there!!!!!! I was going to start weaning her the Monday after her birthday (Birthday falls on a Friday, and weekends are busy, so was going to start on Monday). Well that was when she was nursing every 3-4hrs. during the day and sleeping all night after nursing for the last time between 9:30-10:30pm. Well lately she's been nursing every 1.5-2.5hrs during the day and as we get closer to bed time every 1-1.5hrs. She still sleeps all night(knock on wood). And I'm pretty sure she's getting enought. She eats soilds as well (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) I nurse before giving her soilds. Her night time snack is between two nursings (after one and about half an hour to one hour before last one).

I've posted about her more frqunet nursings before, and it was suggested that it could be due to growth spurt at 12 months. new milestones and teething. So what I'm wondering now is should I wait until she starts spacing her feedings back out to begin weaning or can I start when I planned?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

developmental changes are never good times to implement new things... but since starting weaning just means dropping one session for the first week, then another the week after, it shouldn't effect her too much.   if she reacts badly, then back off.

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

If you want to wean you still can, just remember to only drop one feeding a week until all are gone saving the childs  favorite for last.  I personally don't wean at a year but I know many don't agree with that.

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)