Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

vent

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 50 Replies

So im sitting in living room nursing Autumn. For some reason Autumn keeps on crying and unlatching and relatching. Kinda frusterating. Well, SO grandma comes over. I wanna punch her in the face she bought bottles and said
You need to pump so I can take her.
im not going to pump.
Your milk ismt enoug.
Shes fine
Mo shes not. Pump so I can take her.
No, no ones taking her.
Well you need to I bought bottles
Nope.
Well your milk not enough you gonna starve her
Shes fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ptowncards05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I'm sorry :(

Just keep doing what you know is right.
happymama2D
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Ugh. A lot of people do not understand breastfeeding. Stick to your guns. You are the mom!! Come here and talk with other breastfeeding mothers for support. Love the name Autumn ....beautiful baby! :)
momonetime
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes I wish it were appropriate to tell family members to stuff it!!
You just keep doing what you know you're supposed to do and try to ignore all the bad advice being thrown your way.
((Hugs))
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Im not gonna give in. I dont like using a bottle, I dont feel a bond as much as I do Breastfeedimg

Quoting ptowncards05:

I'm sorry :(

Just keep doing what you know is right.

YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:58 PM
That generation tends to have issues with breastfeeding. It was considered 'icky', 'inappropriate', and for 'poor people'. Both my grandparents hate breastfeeding - one of my grandmas called me a cow once after telling me how proud she was to formula feed all 6 of her kids.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Thanks. I will. Im beyond furious. No matter how many times she ask, no is no. When Iwas in hospital I waa nursing her. She came with her nephew. She saw me nursing amd held a blanket in front of uus2. I pulled it down and said srop2. She screamed at her nephew to go in corner. Ugh

Quoting happymama2D:

Ugh. A lot of people do not understand breastfeeding. Stick to your guns. You are the mom!! Come here and talk with other breastfeeding mothers for support. Love the name Autumn ....beautiful baby! :)

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:08 PM
That sounds just like her.:( lot people are looking down at me, hoping igive up.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

That generation tends to have issues with breastfeeding. It was considered 'icky', 'inappropriate', and for 'poor people'. Both my grandparents hate breastfeeding - one of my grandmas called me a cow once after telling me how proud she was to formula feed all 6 of her kids.

Lorraine2674
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep keep up the good work!! It's hard with no support. But you can do it!!!
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
If you want, you can borrow my grandma. She would be more into the fact that your baby is absolutely adorable than what sort of nipple goes in her mouth.
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My brother used to tell my sister little cow, now he tells me little cow the second, but I think he is joking because he says it laughing and not with a mean tone. I guess I'm lucky my family is so supportive, I wish everyone has the same luck.

Don't give up and keep telling you mom your LO is fine. Pretty name, I like it :)

Quoting mama-smurf:

That sounds just like her.:( lot people are looking down at me, hoping igive up.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN