Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So im sitting in living room nursing Autumn. For some reason Autumn keeps on crying and unlatching and relatching. Kinda frusterating. Well, SO grandma comes over. I wanna punch her in the face she bought bottles and said
You need to pump so I can take her.
im not going to pump.
Your milk ismt enoug.
Shes fine
Mo shes not. Pump so I can take her.
No, no ones taking her.
Well you need to I bought bottles
Nope.
Well your milk not enough you gonna starve her
Shes fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Honestly... Kick her out! This is your time to heal and recover. You don't need her destroying your confidence.
MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:30 PM
my grandmother didnt breastfeed either. My husbands mom didnt breastfeed so it is a new concept to them. Thankfully they dont say anything negative. My mom breastfeed me and my sisters so she is very supportive.
If my family were to be negative I would set them straight quick and in a hurry. No way I would put up with their negative shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadditalbrat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM
This!!!!

Quoting momonetime:

Sometimes I wish it were appropriate to tell family members to stuff it!!

You just keep doing what you know you're supposed to do and try to ignore all the bad advice being thrown your way.

((Hugs))

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her the doctor says he's perfect, doctor says you're perfect. And Why does she think you're less than that? She's going to force you to bottle feed bc she bought bottles? Like my inlaws, buying pop and donuts for my kids and forcing me to take it home. Where it goes straight to the trash.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
SERIOUSLY! Why do people show up "to help" and expect to hold the baby so mom can cook and do laundry or whatever?!?

Quoting audmom1218:

Honestly... Kick her out! This is your time to heal and recover. You don't need her destroying your confidence.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell grandma to kick rocks and not to come back unless she figures out a way of truly helping. I can honestly say that if *anyone* came at me like that right after giving birth, they'd have no head.
Stand your ground mama, you're doing a great job. The popping on and off the nipple is normal newborn behavior, it's how they tell your body to keep making milk. Your letdown could also be a bit too strong for her now that your milk is in, so trying recline nursing might help. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
My husbands mom didn't bf him or his siblings and was clueless too. I don't think anyone on that side of that family has ever bf (since the invention of formula) because it's for poor people and it's too hard. They were super negative to me about it.

Op hold strong, I can relate to you. My mil bought me a pump and bottles when my first born was a month old because she wanted to see that he was getting 6 ounces at every feeding. The pump and bottles stayed in the box until they flew back home. I used the pump and bottles when I needed them, not to prove myself to her or anyone else.

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

my grandmother didnt breastfeed either. My husbands mom didnt breastfeed so it is a new concept to them. Thankfully they dont say anything negative. My mom breastfeed me and my sisters so she is very supportive.

If my family were to be negative I would set them straight quick and in a hurry. No way I would put up with their negative shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Be strong mama!

You can always use the doctor excuse:

"The doctor said that is was really important that she get no bottles before at least 6 weeks!"

"The doctor said she is growing great and getting lots of milk!"

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mostlymaydays:

SERIOUSLY! Why do people show up "to help" and expect to hold the baby so mom can cook and do laundry or whatever?!?

Quoting audmom1218:

So true! Next time she does something like that ou can say, "Are you offering to help? I don't need someone to take the baby, what I need is someone to do the dishes/do the laundry/cook dinner/play with older sibling, etc"

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I know, right? The mom is recovering from childbirth!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting audmom1218:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)