• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a lip tie affect bf?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, we had baby boy's tongue tie snipped yesterday but I'm still having pain while breastfeeding. I took a look and it looks as if he has a lip tie as well... can this be causing issues. Should I look into getting that snipped as well? I'm just getting so sad because I just want to bf my baby without any pain.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ptowncards05
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
My son has a lip tie but his does not affect nursing. Wouldn't hurt to ask if it also needs to be clipped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Yes lip tie can affect nursing & if he has one I would definitely  get it clipped.

BabyFruit Ticker

heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty sure he has it. I looked at pics and that's what his looks like. I'm going back to see the LC today, so hopefully we can get it taken care of.

Quoting mamabens:

Yes lip tie can affect nursing & if he has one I would definitely  get it clipped.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yes it can. My daughter had a lip tie and it caused me some awful pain until it was clipped. I hope you're able to get it taken care of quickly.
heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM
We are meeting with the LC right now so I hope so too!

Quoting BridgetMc:

Yes it can. My daughter had a lip tie and it caused me some awful pain until it was clipped. I hope you're able to get it taken care of quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Did you notice a difference right away? Was she tongue tied as well?

Quoting BridgetMc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Her latch was immediately less painful. I, regrettably, didn't have her checked for tongue tie but am now thinking she may have a posterior tie. She's cutting her canines and her latch is getting a little painful again. She'll be 1 year on the 11th so I'm not sure I'm going to pursue having the tie diagnosed and clipped.

Quoting heatherd09:

Did you notice a difference right away? Was she tongue tied as well?

Quoting BridgetMc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)