Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help :(

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 15 Replies
Well I have been noticing my baby girl is not wetting her diapers much anymore. I went on a diet trying to lose some baby weight and I think I decreased my milk supply. Well I went off the diet and she still isn't wetting much so I need to try other things, but I don't know what. She is 11 months and she is lucky is she wets twice during the day. She wakes up almost dry every morning....help :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Hydrate yourself and nurse her often. Also at this age she can be drinking water with solids. I believe you only need 4 wet diapers a day at this age. And that's counting a dirty/wet diaper as two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
How wet are the diapers? Is she eating solids yet?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My 10 mo old has started waking up dry.  I seriously think she's trying not to because I'll take her diaper off, she crawls down the hall into the bathroom, stands up next to the toilet, and pees.  One of these days, I'll remember to start taking her diapers off IN the bathroom and having her pee sitting on the baby seat.  :-)

How often does she nurse?  Mine pretty much reverse cycles at this point (we co sleep) because her big brother and sister are just so much fun she doesn't want to stop and nurse during the day.

Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
She nurses very frequently. I changed her 4 hours ago and she still hasn't wet yet :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MollyJmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Give some pedialyte and drink water. my dd gets like that sometimes when the heat is up too high in the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Omg I wonder if that's the problem. We keep the heat on 80. We are a bunch of big babies and hate the cold. I thought for sure going on a diet did something but maybe its just too warm?

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Give some pedialyte and drink water. my dd gets like that sometimes when the heat is up too high in the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Omg I wonder if that's the problem. We keep the heat on 80. We are a bunch of big babies and hate the cold. I thought for sure going on a diet did something but maybe its just too warm?

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
They start peeing less frequently as they get older. Our bodies are not designed to use diapers. As they start moving themselves around they go less frequently because that's when they are physically ready to start potty training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM
One wet so far today. She eats solids 3 times a day. She nurses a lot but she like to sip water too.

Quoting Precious333:

How wet are the diapers? Is she eating solids yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MollyJmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM
It might help to turn it down and just keep fluids going :) dry heat can pull moisture out of them so if you can turn it down for a while and keep liquids going you should see an increase in diapers.

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)