Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help. Please.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 1 Replies

Here's what is going on. When my son was born he weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces, at his 2 week check he still had not gotten back to his weight at birth, he was only in the 5th percentile, so my doctor told me to supplement, and I did. I now regret doing this, I have recently returned to work and my little guy is 2 months old, and he gets formula a few times a day at daycare and I go nurse him on my lunch break. My doctor also put me on the Lo Loestrin birth control, at my 6 week appt, and now I'm having issues when I pump. I'm trying to get back to just breast milk! I need help to get on the right track where I can pump enough for daycare! I produce plenty of milk when he nurses just not when I pump, please help me out!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MollyJmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Try pumping on one side while baby nurses on the other. You're body is trained to respond to the baby not the pump so trick it into thinking baby and pump are equal :) Once you let down for baby you should get a good let down on the other side. Remember to only pump enough for when you're gone and only put baby on when you're around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)