Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sickies :(

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
Ugh! I'm soo beyond over germs! Ds just turned 4m(3rd baby first I've nursed) and he's already had rsv and an ear infection(that at almost 7wks) thrush after that, year infection on his groin. And now we are finishing meds for yet another ear infection, He has yet another cold, which his coughing is more now and still wheezing. On Tuesday his lungs sounded okay, but I hate all this. I know if the coughing is JUST from the cold then I can't do much because he's still young.
Makes me think my breast milk is just... I don't know. I know this is a bad germy season, but still! I am and will continue to nurse(love it and we are.doing awesome!) Because I know its the best for him especially during this season, but yeah.
Sorry, just ranting.
Doesn't help dd is in kindergarten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
larissalarie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Unfortunately one round of antibiotics leads to these sorts of issues. It destroys the good bacteria in the gut along with the illness so that leads to the overgrowth of yeast that you're seeing and since most of the immune system is in the digestive tract, it leaves you weakened and more vulnerable to new illnesses. That good gut bacteria is important!! Try a probiotic to help baby. As bad as it's been with breastfeeding, you can be assured baby would be even more vulnerable to illness without the extra boost he's getting from you via your milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Try to remember that if you wernt nursing he would still get sick but probly a lot worse. It may just be from all the germs that your dd is bringing home from school & the crapy season this year. Keep up the good work momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)