Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Good Maternity Wears Please !!

Posted by   + Show Post

Where do you find good maternity wears?? I got some and they never fit me properly,i dont know if its because my bump is growing.But in most cases its tight,loose and very expensive.I dont believe in paying soo much for clothes that i would wear for a time period and dump in my closet !!

Please lemme know what you ladies do in such cases :)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I shop at motherhood maternity, pea in a pod, target, old navy, and gap..

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

sarah449
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I have checked most of the places that you have mentioned here,but they are quite expensive and i need these clothes for just 5-6 months..So suggest something affordable.

jade4603
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey sarah! If you are not against online shopping,you could always check out the various maternity wears online.Morph maternity wears are quite good enough,they are affordable.And also very comfortable.Check them out.

Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I never wore maternity clothes. I always just unbuttoned my jeans and folded them in and wore stretchy tank tops or tunic tops that I could still wear after pregnancy. I think maternity clothes are a waste of money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I have found cute and comfortable maternity clothing at Target, JCPenney, and Motherhood. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone mentioned once going to thrift and consignment stores near army bases. A lot of the wives there have babies and lots of maternity clothes to get rid of when they move stations.
sarah449
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I checked out morph,and they have good stuff that are quite affordable..And i really liked kaybean's idea of clothing !But my tummy is quite huge,so got myself a belly band.

Allebas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I got shirts/pants at GoodWill!! They have some really nice stuff for only a couple of bucks!! I remember buying maternity pants that still looked brand-new for $4-6!!! Maternity tops for $3-5!! Good luck!!

ali840
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I always invested in a good pair of jeans, then I would buy cheap tops secondhand at Goodwill and Salvation Army. Old navy has good sales on maternity stuff online, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Yoga pants and skirts with the rollable waistbands. You will wear these for months AFTER baby too! Way better investment than maternity clothes! Old Navy usually has cute yoga clothes. I bought pants, knee length skirts and long skirts! I still wear them, so no wasted money! As you get bigger, you roll the waistband below your bump! Just get long tanks (even the cheap men's "wifebeaters" in the three-packs work) to cover you lower belly. Then just wear bigger stretchy shirts. I didn't buy anything maternity. No, wait, I bought a pretty sundress at Motherhood as a treat! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN