Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

first night in the nursery

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

My baby girl is staying in her nursery tonight for the first time.. I have mixed feelings. Part of me is relieved that my fiance and I will finally have some alone time yet I'm totally freaking out. Plus I BF, so it's going to stink having to go into the nursery to feed her throughout the night rather than just scooping her out of her bassinet and feeding her in bed. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Why not start her in the nursery and bring her to bed when she wakes up? You'll still have alone time and get some sleep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

LOL, I go get Claire and feed her in bed, then take her back to her bed.

kbutton24
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Dad gets up early for work and I would rather not wake him up by leaving to get her then bringing her back to the bedroom then back to the nursery etc. She doesn't sleep in bed with us at night, so I would just be feeding her then putting right back in the nursery. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Why not start her in the nursery and bring her to bed when she wakes up? You'll still have alone time and get some sleep

AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Hmmm
I never co slept or used a bassinet.mine slept in their own room from night one. Getting up to feed was a pain but it was worth it in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baileysmom1029
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
My son is 6 months and he starts out in his crib but if he wakes in the night then I bring him into my bed. My husband is a heavy sleeper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kbutton24
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I wish! Mine wakes up before I do when Laila starts to cry! She usually only wakes up twice for the most part. When we go to bed around 9:30 and around 2:30a. 

Quoting Baileysmom1029:

My son is 6 months and he starts out in his crib but if he wakes in the night then I bring him into my bed. My husband is a heavy sleeper.

mommathea
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I use a cosleeper bassinet/ packnplay so they are close but not right there. Makes the first couple of months much easier. I move the bed further and further away till they are sleeping most of the night. Once they are sleeping most of the night then they get to move across the call to a sibling bedroom.

christineT79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I'm still not there. My baby is 5 months & still wakes twice a night to nurse. I'm trying to make my life as convenient as possible since I'm the only one who can feed her. I turned her crib into a co-sleeper so she sleeps right next to me but not in bed with me. I have room in my bed for me & the hubs.

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

My one year old still nurses all night, I'd never sleep and there would never be any alone time if he was in another room. I guess the way we see it, is this won't last forever and there will be plenty of time for alone time in the future but our children will only be babies for so long. Good luck! 

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Hope she did well! I was too lazy for that. lol We sidecarred the crib & he had his space & we had ours. Best of both worlds.

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)