Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Enfamil Ad.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

I get these stupid e-mails from enfamil & today I decided to read it. Just for curiosity. It has a list of why 9 out of 10 women formula feed & one of them states that breastmilk has -17mgs of DHA & enfamil has 17mgs of DHA. They are saying that breastmilk has a negative amt of DHA. Are you kidding me? No wonder so many women formula feed when the ad's actually say the formula has somthing that breastmilk dosnt have. It's such false advertising. I wish that someone could advertise for breastmilk.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GraceStrickland
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

The reason formula has such high levels of vitamins and nutrients is because the forms they use are so hard for babies to digest, so they have to use extra to make sure some gets absorbed.  I don't criticize people who formula feed, but to say it's superior to what nature intended is ridiculous.  Lets all give our babies steroids too, then they can have soft cheeks and big muscles.

christineT79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quoting GraceStrickland:

The reason formula has such high levels of vitamins and nutrients is because the forms they use are so hard for babies to digest, so they have to use extra to make sure some gets absorbed.  I don't criticize people who formula feed, but to say it's superior to what nature intended is ridiculous.  Lets all give our babies steroids too, then they can have soft cheeks and big muscles.

I also don't criticize what other people do. I really don't care what other people do. What didnt make sense to me about the ad was the fact that it said breastmilk had -17mgs of DHA in it. That dosnt even make any sense. How can somthing have a negative amt of anything in it? It's weather there or it's not. Not to mention that it's not true. UGH.

Kayla-Kay
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

have you seen the luvs commertial?? i luv luv luv it LOL

christineT79
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting Kayla-Kay:

have you seen the luvs commertial?? i luv luv luv it LOL

Yeah, it's funny
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN