Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

EBF baby--green "slimy" poo PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm a FTM so I don't want to call his pedi and overreact for nothing....

my 5 week old is EBF and his poo is usually "mustard and sesemy seeds" as his pedicalls it. his last 2 dipers have been green in color and it seems "slimy" almost. 

no fever, he's still eating and peeing fine, not fussy. no formula or diet change for me.

ideas?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arigdon4
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

bump

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Word of advice in this group. Don't bump posts. You want to be on page 2, with little to no responses.

Green mucus poop could be dairy allergy. I don't know much about it because I haven't had to deal with it while nursing but I know with my DD, whose 2, if she has a lot of dairy her poops look like mucus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arigdon4
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Sorry about the bump but thanks for the advice.

I'm lactose intolerant myself so no milk in is diet.

Quoting shortyali:

Word of advice in this group. Don't bump posts. You want to be on page 2, with little to no responses.

Green mucus poop could be dairy allergy. I don't know much about it because I haven't had to deal with it while nursing but I know with my DD, whose 2, if she has a lot of dairy her poops look like mucus.

outstandingLove
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM

DD has poop like that when she gets too much foremilk.

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Dairy can be hidden in a lot of things. For example, do you eat cookies or bread? Dairy in there.

Quoting arigdon4:

Sorry about the bump but thanks for the advice.

I'm lactose intolerant myself so no milk in is diet.

Quoting shortyali:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Green is within the range of normal.  If he's fighting off a cold, that can cause green poop, as can oversupply on your part.  I wouldn't jump straight to dairy if you're just starting to see green now.  Best advice?  Wait and see how it looks over the next couple of days and see how he's acting.

Nosilla0804
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM
TRy feeding on one breast until baby pops off. Thej offer the other. My guy had green slime for a few weeks but it was nothing and he was ok
KalsMommy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I had too much milk and that happened to me. The baby was getting too much foremilk like another mama said. I ended up nursing on one side a feeding!

cailliermommy
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM

My little ones did that when I wouldn't let them empty my breast completely before switching sides.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
This!

Quoting K8wizzo:

Green is within the range of normal.  If he's fighting off a cold, that can cause green poop, as can oversupply on your part.  I wouldn't jump straight to dairy if you're just starting to see green now.  Best advice?  Wait and see how it looks over the next couple of days and see how he's acting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)