Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drowning my poor 17 month old lol

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

My milk just "came in" on Tues evening ( delivered Mon morning)

Ive benn using dd's desire to nurse help me with my discomfort. Poor girl is determined, she chokes, her eyes water, and she got to the point where she was trying to hold me closer to her so she wouldn't pop off when she coughed lol.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Im assuming you meant 17 day old.

That is a commij problem in the beginning as your body is still trying to regukate your milk. Try reclines nursing or laying on your side and keep a burp cloth for when she unlatches and just let the milk flow in that and theb latch again. Also try block feedinf (nurse one side for a certain amount of time or nursing sessions to slow down milk production.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

nope 17 month old, I am tandem nursing

Quoting Precious333:

That is a commij problem in the beginning as your body is still trying to regukate your milk. Try reclines nursing or laying on your side and keep a burp cloth for when she unlatches and just let the milk flow in that and theb latch again. Also try block feedinf (nurse one side for a certain amount of time or nursing sessions to slow down milk production.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Yes....got it. Dont know where i was! Lol i did the same when i was tandem nursing my first two!

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Yes....got it. Dont know where i was! Lol i did the same when i was tandem nursing my first two!

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Quoting Precious333:

mommaoftwo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

He (newborn) unfortunately has his days and nights mixed up, and I just tried to wake him up to nurse and he didn't want to, but she was asking, and I was sore so I let her and she just coughed through it like a trooper, lol. 

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Quoting Precious333:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)