Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What breast pump?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am looking for a good but not expensivr breast pump. Perferably electric. Which brand do you recommend? I heard that open system pumps can grow mold so we are looking for a closed system. Please help. TIA.

I should probably add that i am sahm and only plan to pump for a stock pile for emergencies and for when baby sleeps through the night so i don't loose my supply.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
You should look at the Ameda purely yours or hygeia enjoye.
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Quoting IrishIz:

You should look at the Ameda purely yours or hygeia enjoye.

those are the top 2 picks.

anotherandree
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I used the Playtex Embrace with my last 2 kids (whom I bf for a year) and I LOVED it!  It was comfortable and I thought the bags were just stylish as hell! :)  It even has a car adaptor if you are planning on going back to work!  It wasn't cheap, but it was nearly as expensive as Medela's can be.

JeniF
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Depends on how much you are planning to pump. If you are going back to work full time, best to get a double phase double pump.  I have a Medela pump in style, but am totally jealous of my coworkers Medela Freestyle.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I'm glad that this pump worked for you, but it actually has a really bad reputation, and that is important for the OP to know.

Quoting anotherandree:

I used the Playtex Embrace with my last 2 kids (whom I bf for a year) and I LOVED it!  It was comfortable and I thought the bags were just stylish as hell! :)  It even has a car adaptor if you are planning on going back to work!  It wasn't cheap, but it was nearly as expensive as Medela's can be.

anotherandree
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM

That's strange, because if you look at the reviews on Amazon, Walmart, Target and other common shopping sites, of course there were some negative reviews, but it actually had more positive than negative. 

Quoting maggiemom2000:

I'm glad that this pump worked for you, but it actually has a really bad reputation, and that is important for the OP to know.

Quoting anotherandree:

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting IrishIz: You should look at the Ameda purely yours or hygeia enjoye.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I am a sahm. I just want to pump so I have a stock pile for emergencies and such.

Quoting JeniF:

Depends on how much you are planning to pump. If you are going back to work full time, best to get a double phase double pump.  I have a Medela pump in style, but am totally jealous of my coworkers Medela Freestyle.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Medela Harmony or Hygeia EnHande https://hygeiainc.com/shop/manual-breast-pumps/enhande-one-hand-manual-breast-pump/

Spend $30 not $200 if you are a SAHM :-)

Quoting tarakay0417:

I am a sahm. I just want to pump so I have a stock pile for emergencies and such.

Quoting JeniF:

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Thanks.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Medela Harmony or Hygeia EnHande https://hygeiainc.com/shop/manual-breast-pumps/enhande-one-hand-manual-breast-pump/

Spend $30 not $200 if you are a SAHM :-)

Quoting tarakay0417:

Quoting JeniF:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN