Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Feelin like to cry. Having a breakdown

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 23 Replies
This morning I was unable to feed my daughter no milk wAs coming out and I only fed her a little bit. I had no food to eat nothing to drink. Our fridge was completely empty. And I kept trying to pump but nothing... What mAkes it worse is I got on depo 2 days ago I feel like my supply is going low. On top that my foodstamp didn't come in. They closed my case. Which I have not a penny in my wallet until next month (tax return) :( so I just gave her formula! I ruin my 1 week of just breastfeeding... I really feel like to cry. No food mean i cant eat... Cuz if I don't eat I can't make milk..or atleast enough for her.. I told my mil hOw I felt and she bought some food. Now I'm breastfeeding again but it's not enough still.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, mama, you are dealing with a lot! You can atleast get wic right away. Do you have friends and famuly to help.out while you are stuck? What about a place nearby that donates food, like a church or somethinf?

As far as baby is concerned, save your money to buy formula and nurse. It takea a whole lot more than not having food in uour fridge for your body to not make milk. What your mom told you is wrong (or whoever it was). The way you make milk is by nursing. Supplimenting will hurt, not nursing on demand will hurt ans stress can also hurt your supply.

Also, how so you know your supply is low?
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
If you can keep hydrated you can make milk, even if she has to stay latched 24/7 for a few days. Is there a church or Salvation Army food pantry in your town?
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

They should not have given you the depo shot before you were at least 6-8 weeks PP :-(

That could be the reason for your drop in milk production.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Yes! Exactly, forgot you said that!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

They should not have given you the depo shot before you were at least 6-8 weeks PP :-(

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Not eating hurts YOU... but not so much your milk. Keep up your water to keep up supply. The depo may well have hurt your supply, however.

Jacylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I know. I didn't wanna get depo but the doctor said the depo would not hurt my supply... But it looks like it did cuz I try squeezing my nipple and it won't come out and when I give her formula I pump my breasts but only couple drop come out not even half oz :(

Quoting maggiemom2000:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep in mind that what you express means absolutely nothing. There are moms who can nurse twins and not express a drop. Likely the stress is what's actually causing your problems.

Jacylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM
That might be the case. Cuz I been fighting with the bf alot lately & I been depressed. And crying and just so down in the blue lately

Quoting gdiamante:

Keep in mind that what you express means absolutely nothing. There are moms who can nurse twins and not express a drop. Likely the stress is what's actually causing your problems.

shawndrea
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I'm so sorry! I hope things get better for you and your family!!
sugar38
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:02 AM

sry to hear what u going through hope things get better been there before so i know how u feel 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)