Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

first time out without baby

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 23 Replies
I was pretty much kicked out tonight to see a friend. Had a great time. Baby got hungry while I was gone. I nursed him before I left but he got hungry again. He refused the bottle despite being hungry. He cried and slept while I was gone and it was only 2 hours. He's taken bottles in the past, just not all the time. I came home to a crying and very hungry baby. He's 2 months old. I hope to go back to work soon, I have an interview this thursday. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice how to prevent a very hungry baby again, to get him to eat while I'm not home. For now, I'll only be working weekends but I need to go back full time eventually. I'm just worried. He nursed for an hour and a half when I got home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whoopsie16
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
try a bottle with a faster flow maybe?
bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine reversed cycled. It's very normal, some babies just won't take bottles no matter what. As long as baby makes up for it at night, not taking a bottle while you're gone is not a problem. Lots of moms go through this. Good luck!
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Well, we tried a new bottle tonight, so that might be it also. I just want to be able to work without worrying about a hungry baby.
piwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually is best to have a slow flow bottle. . Yeah my baby is 9 mts and I started to work 3 wks ago and she still having a hard time :(

Quoting whoopsie16:

bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter doesn't take a bottle at all either. She reverse cycle

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Well, we tried a new bottle tonight, so that might be it also. I just want to be able to work without worrying about a hungry baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I'm thinking that might be what he does. Just worried about how he'll be after I'm away for a longer time period

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Mine reversed cycled. It's very normal, some babies just won't take bottles no matter what. As long as baby makes up for it at night, not taking a bottle while you're gone is not a problem. Lots of moms go through this. Good luck!
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Poor little girl. Hope it gets easier for her soon.

Quoting piwife:

Actually is best to have a slow flow bottle. . Yeah my baby is 9 mts and I started to work 3 wks ago and she still having a hard time :(

Quoting whoopsie16:

bump!

sleepymommy87
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
He won't starve himself i promise. If he gets hungry enough, he'll drink milk from anything even a funnel lol. Trust me. It'll be hard, it was for me when I had to leave for school, but dd adapted. She hated bottles, only took them in the beginning when she got really hungry but hasn't had a bottle since 4 months old. She just turned 1 andI've been gone 15-20 hours a week since the summer. It'll be fine, I know it's stressful but just keep in mind that he will be just fine. :)

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I'm thinking that might be what he does. Just worried about how he'll be after I'm away for a longer time period

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Nursing is still so new to me. My first DS was ff, so it was easy to go back to work. BF is a whole new world to me and operates so differently. I believe you when you say it'll be fine, this is all just a huge adjustment for me.

Quoting sleepymommy87:

He won't starve himself i promise. If he gets hungry enough, he'll drink milk from anything even a funnel lol. Trust me. It'll be hard, it was for me when I had to leave for school, but dd adapted. She hated bottles, only took them in the beginning when she got really hungry but hasn't had a bottle since 4 months old. She just turned 1 andI've been gone 15-20 hours a week since the summer. It'll be fine, I know it's stressful but just keep in mind that he will be just fine. :)

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Quoting sleepymommy87:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It was much more likely a "mom is gone and who IS this weird person" problem than a hunger problem. Who'd you leave baby with?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN