Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was pretty much kicked out tonight to see a friend. Had a great time. Baby got hungry while I was gone. I nursed him before I left but he got hungry again. He refused the bottle despite being hungry. He cried and slept while I was gone and it was only 2 hours. He's taken bottles in the past, just not all the time. I came home to a crying and very hungry baby. He's 2 months old. I hope to go back to work soon, I have an interview this thursday. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice how to prevent a very hungry baby again, to get him to eat while I'm not home. For now, I'll only be working weekends but I need to go back full time eventually. I'm just worried. He nursed for an hour and a half when I got home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (21-23):
Sunflower_rn
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
this sounds like my house
e Quoting gumeshoe:

This is SO funny because I left this post up. Went next door to check on my other son and talk to the inlaws cleaning up their dad's old house. Gone 10 mins MAYBE. I come back all home all heck has broken loose baby is screaming, daddy is peeved. He woke up as soon as you left and has screamed since. He takes it personally that he is not the momma. But he doesn't do the little touches the momma does. Pet him when he gives that certain cry immediately. Last night I needed to do some folding and I had to tell hubby hold the baby close. Not at a arms reach like a dirty sock.

Just like 2 nights ago goodwill had a dollar day on all clothing. Daddy volunteered to stay home with the baby. I feed him before I left, I was gone 2 hours, daddy fed him a 2oz bottle and a one oz bottle while I was gone. Right before I came home he gave little bit gripe water because his stomach hurt so he was finally screaming less.

Quoting gdiamante:

Ah-HA! There you are.

For babies daddy is usually just a great Hairy Scary Beast who is Not The Momma! This wasn't a hunger problem; it was a case of, "This guy has a deep booming voice and smells funny and has a scratchy face and I think he's gonna EAT me!" **grin**

It's OK. Normal stuff. Happens with most babies no matter how they're fed. And they all get over it. The bigger issue is teaching dad that crying does NOT automatically mean, "I'm hungry."

Quoting Starshine-bela:

My fiance, his daddy
Quoting gdiamante:
It was much more likely a "mom is gone and who IS this weird person" problem than a hunger problem. Who'd you leave baby with?

eatyourveges
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Same here but the first few times I went out and daddy watched him he freaked out too. It just takes time. *hugs*

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Lol I can see that but daddy usually can get him to calm and sleep better than I can lol. It might've confused him why he woke up and I wasn't there though

Quoting gdiamante:

Ah-HA! There you are.

For babies daddy is usually just a great Hairy Scary Beast who is Not The Momma! This wasn't a hunger problem; it was a case of, "This guy has a deep booming voice and smells funny and has a scratchy face and I think he's gonna EAT me!" **grin**

It's OK. Normal stuff. Happens with most babies no matter how they're fed. And they all get over it. The bigger issue is teaching dad that crying does NOT automatically mean, "I'm hungry."

Quoting Starshine-bela:

My fiance, his daddy

Quoting gdiamante:
It was much more likely a "mom is gone and who IS this weird person" problem than a hunger problem. Who'd you leave baby with?

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Thank you, that helps me feel better

Quoting shortyali:

Yes very much so. I told DH that DS2 just has to be able to trust him, know that daddy is a good guy and then all will be well. It took a day or 2 but now they have a routine down and they are fine.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

So once this becomes a regular thing, you think he might be okay?

Quoting shortyali:

I posted something like this a few weeks ago. DS2 wanted nothing to do with daddy. To the point daddy was willing to sell everything he owned so I could be a sahm. Now 2 weeks later of ignoring both when they cried, (more so DH, lol) DS2 actually looks around for daddy.

Once they get over the fact that daddy isn't going to eat them, they will be fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)