Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

no cry sleep solution

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 33 Replies
Has anyone read this book and had any luck with it? I'm not trying to get ds to sleep through the njght. He is only two months after all. I just would like him to sleep in his own bed. I love co-sleeping but he fusses a lot in his sleep which wakes me up. He doesn't sleep much more than an hour in his bassinet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The method works... when baby is ready. Two months is way too early, I'm afraid. Most sleep training advocates say six months minimum.

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I wanted to read it before then so i'll know. Been reading kinda slow lately, lol

Quoting gdiamante:

The method works... when baby is ready. Two months is way too early, I'm afraid. Most sleep training advocates say six months minimum.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
If you want him to sleep in his bassinet just swaddle him tightly and put him in there. It may take a few restless nights but he'll eventually sleep longer. Only pick him up after you've tried a firm hand over him, pattong his belly, and shushing. If he still doesn't calm down then pick hom up and comfort him and then when he's asleep put him back in the bassinet. You may wanna try an unlaundered sleep shirt of yours in his bed. You could also try a cosleeper or side carring a crib so you can co sleep but still have your own space. Gl
amiesmomma
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:42 AM

we co slept until 5 months then slowly transitioned to her crib in her room.  we've had some sleepless nights,and some days when it jsut wasn't going to happen but It's works for us.  We just lay her in the crib asleep and get her when she wakes up and cries for more than 60 seconds.  Most nights she sleeps alone in the crib for 7 hours

YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I tried it when my son was 12 months or so. It has some good ideas but I am not sure how well it will work at 2 months. That is still very young!

Have you tried attaching the crib to your bed? That is what works best for us. Baby can be with me or have a space of his own.
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Sadly our bed isn't big enough for a co-sleeper, we looked into it. I'll try the shirt idea. He isn't a fan of swaddling but he loves to be cuddled :-)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If you want him to sleep in his bassinet just swaddle him tightly and put him in there. It may take a few restless nights but he'll eventually sleep longer. Only pick him up after you've tried a firm hand over him, pattong his belly, and shushing. If he still doesn't calm down then pick hom up and comfort him and then when he's asleep put him back in the bassinet. You may wanna try an unlaundered sleep shirt of yours in his bed. You could also try a cosleeper or side carring a crib so you can co sleep but still have your own space. Gl
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I'm not going to do it with him yet lol. Don't have as much time to read these days so I wanted to start reading it now but didn't want to spend the money on it until I asked around.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I tried it when my son was 12 months or so. It has some good ideas but I am not sure how well it will work at 2 months. That is still very young!

Have you tried attaching the crib to your bed? That is what works best for us. Baby can be with me or have a space of his own.
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I only used it with one of my children. I am pretty laid back about nights and sleeping. He had some struggles though so I read the book (my oldest son also has a lot of sleep issues but he is autistic and simply can't shut off his mind at night - books are no help there). It has some good ideas and I tried a couple. He did sleep better but I think time would have solved his problems too. He is now three and is my best sleeper!

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I'm not going to do it with him yet lol. Don't have as much time to read these days so I wanted to start reading it now but didn't want to spend the money on it until I asked around.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I just tried the hand on tummy and shushing sounds for his nap, he's fast asleep in his pack n play. I also turned his nature sounds on and I think that helped too :-)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Yay! We use white noise or a lullaby melody from an app i down loaded :)

Quoting Starshine-bela:

I just tried the hand on tummy and shushing sounds for his nap, he's fast asleep in his pack n play. I also turned his nature sounds on and I think that helped too :-)

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)