Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Can I wear a tight fitting sports bra 1 hour a day???

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I started Zumba and I find it kinda hard to do some of the moves that they do, Im a E cup and I cant jump like they say to do with out feeling like my boobs are going to rip off as I come down. So my question is,,, Can I wear a tighter fitted Sports bra for like an Hour a day?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (21-24):
addyangel
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a sports bra to run and I haven't had any issues. I'm not as blessed in that area though, I'm a C cup at best while BF-ing.

ETA: I usually try to schedule my run around feeding time though, so I'm emptier before I start running. That helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweeetPeaa
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally would not. I bought a sports bra for working out, and it was tooooo tight. I would get a bra with "extra support", but one size bigger than your regular size. That way you have the support you need for the boobies!

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am thinking you are nursing that you are asking this question:

You can - but you might suffer for it - it might hold back on your milk. You are exercising - and creating more milk as you do - but something that restricts the space it can go into - you'll either be uncomfortable or it will go elsewhere.

You can use a looser fitting bra or:

Can you try wrapping? It is probably going to take a few tries to get it, but it may help you in the long run be more comfortable (long swath of cotton gauze/cloth, probably 5 feet or more depending on your bust size)

Just a suggestion. I had no inclination to exercise at all in the past 5 years. : ) Nor am I endowed, even when nursing. So I don't know the extent of it. Anyone I know who nurses stopped nursing because of medication issues, so I wouldn't have heard whether the wrap would work instead for her (some people are just darn impatient with things and want to get there, do it and get out!)

cjsix
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I found out kind of accidentally( they were the only bras I could find that weren't lined with poly when I was pregnant with my fourth)that sports bras are great for nursing! They allow you to lift the botton to nurse,no hooks etc... to mess with and I didn't use a single nursing pad even the first few weeks...it was Great! The only bras I bought with my last three! I too am bigger since having children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)