Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Formula ad

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

This makes me angry. I'm actually committed to nurturing AND nourishing my lo thank you very much. Don't need someone else to do it for me..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Yeah and its ads like this and the Good Start one about the babies who cry, that make moms second guess them selves...     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jwHlUkWJ0&feature=player_detailpage

Pepe22
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Wow, sounds natural! Ugh! Nasty! How can women le themselves become so uneducated. Poor babies that aren't given the good stuff!

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah and its ads like this and the Good Start one about the babies who cry, that make moms second guess them selves...     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jwHlUkWJ0&feature=player_detailpage

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

There is sooo many women who feel that breast feeding is " Nasty" !!!!!   Its crazy. i feel like formula should be given out by script. from a Dr.

Quoting Pepe22:

Wow, sounds natural! Ugh! Nasty! How can women le themselves become so uneducated. Poor babies that aren't given the good stuff!

Quoting PolishMamma2:

ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Smh....I have nurtured and nourished...and PROUD of it! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get the anger in this? Obviously they're advertising their product.
AngryBob
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM
3 moms liked this
This. I have to take this group with a grain of salt sometimes.

Quoting Duquesne:

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:19 AM
I don't see the reason to get so pissed off about this. It's just a marketing ploy to make themselves look like they care more about nourishing a baby than other formula companies(which every company that sells something does- they want to look like the one to go to). It says nothing bad against bf/bf mothers....
MagickalMommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM
2 moms liked this

ARGH!!! *ANgry Face*

and if parents didn't try and force baby to fit into their life and live on their terms, with shoving them in contraptions and becer carrying them or cuddling them because "they'll get spoiled" Then MAYBE baby wouldn't cry "excessively"

Quoting PolishMamma2:

jolou
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I particularly appreciate this from someone with the word angry in their username!

But I agree. It wouldn't be much of an add if it said 'Yeah, all formula is crap, but if you decide to use it, we are one of the multitude of companies that make it'.

I'm pretty sure most people in this group aren't really the target audience....

Quoting AngryBob:

This. I have to take this group with a grain of salt sometimes.

Quoting Duquesne:

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.

- Dr Suess

Ginnygurl97
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Unfortunately not all parents have that luxury:-( w my first child my ex husband was military and I HAD to work full time in order to make ends meet. While my son did get breast milk, he never nursed. I only pumped because of my crazy hours. Now when I'd get home I'd try to make it all about him, but then keeping a house when it's just you and a baby is hard. I held him and loved him and let him sleep in my bed, but I still had other responsibilities and had no family close by :-(. It was very hard, but I did the best I could when my husband was on deployment. I couldn't let everything revolve around my son. He has always been a very well behaved child w no discipline issues what so ever. And at 8 yrs old he is still the same way. Now I just had another boy and this time I'm lucky enough to be able to take an extended maternity leave. DF has a good job so we can afford it. This little boy is getting spoiled rotten just like his big brother. However, life does not completely revolve around him, and the only difference is I'm home more. My older son plays sports now. Which I have time for, but there again, there are things more important than activities every now and then. I don't know why moms would second guess themselves? Thinking they need to formula feed instead of breast feeding? I am breast feeding the little one. But he rarely nurses so I pump like a mad woman. Believe me, my boys always get what they need and usually get what they want w out me n df having to live on the terms of an 8 yr old and an infant. But hey, that's what works for us. It might not work for everyone. To each their own. But you shouldn't judge people or make s general assumption that those that don't let their children completely run their lives, have kids that cry more or aren't taken care of properly.
*** all of this of course is just my own personal opinion*****

Quoting MagickalMommy:

ARGH!!! *ANgry Face*

and if parents didn't try and force baby to fit into their life and live on their terms, with shoving them in contraptions and becer carrying them or cuddling them because "they'll get spoiled" Then MAYBE baby wouldn't cry "excessively"

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)