Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Not sleeping & HUBBY frustrated

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yes, you read that right.....Hubby is frustrated that Lil Chunker doesn't sleep more at night.  **sigh**  He said this morning "Is it like this every night?"  I said "most nights."  Lil Chunker was up 3x and was fussy, but that's b/c he was gassy and didn't poop yesterday.  I was glad to get 3hr of straight sleep at one point.  I haven't given him solids in about a week (even tho he really wants them and enjoys them) b/c he's was on an antibiotic and it was messing up his tummy.  Anyway.....hubby keeps fussing on how since he's so big (21lbs at 6.5mos) that he NEEDS solids and maybe give him dinner closer to bed time and such.  UGH!  Why can't he just go to work and leave it alone.  He works nights and will start an 8day stretch tomorrow, so he's not even home most of the time anyway.  He needs to come to grips that Lil Chunker won't sleep like his sister!  And if he goes to sleep before 8pm then he will have a 3hr stretch (usually b/w 11-3am) that he is awake and playing.  Its just been a rocky month!

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
doulala
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he can hide away in another space to sleep for the time being, stay away from you guys.
You can remind him that health and safety are your priority, you will feed what & when according to your best info.
;-)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

What we've seen over the years here is that solids make them wake MORE.

Death, taxes, never sleeping a full night again.. the guarantees given to parents!

gumeshoe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this

He needs solids because he is big? He got that size without them.

Sounds like you have a good understanding of your baby and what needs to be done. Babies aren't like pizza you don't order what you want. You get what you get. :) Life with them is a bit easier to deal with what you have vs what you wanted. Kind of like husbands. :)

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yup!  My mom said my lil brother didn't sleep thru the night until he was around 4yrs old and then she thinks he just stopped waking her up!  hahahahaha!

Quoting gdiamante:

What we've seen over the years here is that solids make them wake MORE.

Death, taxes, never sleeping a full night again.. the guarantees given to parents!

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

EXACTLY!  You can't 'make to order' children!!!  hahahaha!  

Quoting gumeshoe:

He needs solids because he is big? He got that size without them.

Sounds like you have a good understanding of your baby and what needs to be done. Babies aren't like pizza you don't order what you want. You get what you get. :) Life with them is a bit easier to deal with what you have vs what you wanted. Kind of like husbands. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)