Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

2 years . . . *pics*

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

and counting!

My Evie has been nursing 2 years today! :-) She shows no signs of stopping and I don't plan on forcing her to. She will wean when she's ready.

Evie's first BF pic ever:

Evie BF'ing as a 1 yr old:

Evie BF'ing today, as a 2 year old:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenB1983
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
She's absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
She's sweet :) I love her hair, it's just gorgeous. What is the best breastfeeding advice you can think of? I'm having my second daughter soon and I'm super scared that I won't be able to breastfeed like last time :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

She's beautiful. Look at all that hair. What nationality is she, just curious. Congrats on making it so long.

Coliemum
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thanks! 

Best Advice: Don't give up. No matter WHAT anyone says, that includes doctors, nurses, friends, family, the stranger at the Super Market, DON'T GIVE UP!

I bf'd my oldest for 14 months and he was easy. Latched right on, gave me no problems and I had no problems bf'ing him even though he was a preemie and in the NICU for 12 days. My DD here, on the other hand, was NOT easy. We had a bad latch and she shredded my nipples within the first week. I had to pump for 3 full days and give her a bottle within that first week because of it. I didn't give up, though. When my nipples healed I went right back to latching her. Fixing my problem wasn't easy and didn't happen immediately. It took us WEEKS to fix it so that she latched correct straight off and I didn't have to constantly fix it but I didn't give up. Luckily my hubs was supportive even though the rest of my family shied away like I had the plague.

Just remember, breastfeeding is instictive for babies but NOT for mothers. We have to learn how to do it and it's a skill like any other, it takes practice to perfect it. :-) Good luck with BF'ing your next one. I believe you can do and so should you.

P.S. another thing, NEVER say 'I think I'm going to do it'. ALWAYS say 'I'm GOING TO bf my baby'!!!!!! 

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

She's sweet :) I love her hair, it's just gorgeous. What is the best breastfeeding advice you can think of? I'm having my second daughter soon and I'm super scared that I won't be able to breastfeed like last time :(

Coliemum
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Evie is muti-racial. I'm white and my husband is Black and Japanese. :-)

Quoting christineT79:

She's beautiful. Look at all that hair. What nationality is she, just curious. Congrats on making it so long.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to go mama!!!! :)
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations, mama! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Brandy85412
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Sweet! I am going to attempt to go to 2 years with this baby she just turned one last week. I went to 16 months with my others.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!! Congratulations!! :) great work!
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

those are beautiful and she is too

I hope Abigail and I have atleast a two year nursing relationship. there is nothing sweeter

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)