Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OT: is this typical during labor?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 24 Replies
I just remembered why I was pissed at my nurses during my first labor in 09. Kinda tmi but oh we'll

Dunno where else to post this but before I got my epidural, you know that feeling when the baby is putting pressure on you and it feels like you have to take epic dump?

Well is it unusual for a nurse to be like mine and just flat out ignore your pleas to go to the bathroom? Like she didnt even tell me no and she didnt explain what was happening or what I was feeling. She flat out ignored me and pretended I wasn't talking to her until the young student that was in there finally got her attention, at which point she told the student what was happening and not me.

I know it's random as hell but it irks me. Does anyone know if that's normal or if terra a reason for it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I never had that feeling. Sorry. But she was rude and I would've bitched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I would unfortunately say it's not uncommon.
They see/hear the same thing 5 times a day and can feel like they've said it a million times and it's just easier to carry on then take time.
Not saying it's right or that all nurses are like that. it just doesn't suprise me.
piwife
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM
They treated me like crap when I gave birth to my first.. and yes I know what feeling your talking about. With my third I went natural and I felt in total control
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Sounds like what happened to me twice. Just one of many many reasons I'll never birth in a hospital again.(barring an actual emergency)

BabyFruit Ticker

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
It was just so miserable. It was definitely more painful than I imagined labor (more painful than my second. I think all labors vary) it just seems cruel to ignore someone in such immense pain. The least she could have done was give me te ease of mind to know I wasn't about to redecorate the room

Quoting piwife:

They treated me like crap when I gave birth to my first.. and yes I know what feeling your talking about. With my third I went natural and I felt in total control

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I'm glad my second labor was so much better. There was one lady we didnt like, but she washy at someone with papers to full. The nurses were much more caring and sweet the second time around.

Quoting mamabens:

Sounds like what happened to me twice. Just one of many many reasons I'll never birth in a hospital again.(barring an actual emergency)

Kayla-Kay
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I had the pressure with both babies but knew it was their head in the canal. With my first the nurse told me exactly what was going on and didn't leave my side ever until about 2 hrs after he was born the same with my daughter my nurse the second time around was so helpful I actually managed to talk myself out of an epidural with her because she helped me breathe and ms lulu was 9lbs 12oz :)

Sorry your nurse was such a bitch
bellaamore
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I had that feeling. I was told to labor on the toilet, as i wasnt fixing to give birth, and i may have been able to poop a little.

Also, the semi squatting sitting motion is comfy during labor.

butterflycircle
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM

My nurses explained things to me as I complained lol. I felt like I had to pee soooo badly and so they got me a bed pan but I just couldn't go and she explained that it was te baby pushing on my bladder.

I am sure that a lot of nurses do things like that though unfortunately. 

MamaLauraWilson
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
It is a sign of a burnt out nusre with crappy bedside manner.
It is a normal feeling to have and I know how miserable that can be..especially when nothing happens when you finally waddle into the bathroom to try. But the toliet can actually be a good place to labor...not preferable to deliever there, but can work. The position is good for moving baby down. 30 minutes max in any one position. So spend 30 minutes in there then waddle to another position then abck if you want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)