Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is this safe?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is it safe to use doterra on guard oil whole breastfeeding? My baby is one month old if that makes a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM
What is it? I've never heard of it before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM
How do you use this oil, topically or ingested?
slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
It depends on what is in the blend. Are you using it to kill germs, or taking it internally?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

What are the EOs that it blends?
Some EOs are GREAT while nursing. Some are a no-no. Be sure to properly dilute any oils you do apply. 

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Eucalyptus shouldn't be used on children under 2 either. I would diffuse or avoid it, also. In fact, I wouldn't even diffuse eucalyptus around a baby that young, may cause breathing problems. It's too strong. 

Quoting AromaDrops33:

It has wild orange, clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, rosemary. I posted that she should diffuse it because cinnamon bark needs to be heavily diluted to use on children, and it's dangerous for breast feeding or pregnant woman

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Some EOs are GREAT while nursing. Some are a no-no. Be sure to properly dilute any oils you do apply. 

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Your instructor says Eucalyptus oil is ok for children under 2?! Woah, nelly! No concerns of the toxicity? Holy moly! All the books I've read says that 4-5ml even in a diffuser is dangerous. 0.o 

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Sorry, my fault.....I read the post wrong. She can start diffusing this when her baby is 3 months or older using half a dose (1-2 drops). Just confirmed it with my aromatherapy teacher :)

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Eucalyptus shouldn't be used on children under 2 either. I would diffuse or avoid it, also. In fact, I wouldn't even diffuse eucalyptus around a baby that young, may cause breathing problems. It's too strong. 

Quoting AromaDrops33:

It has wild orange, clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, rosemary. I posted that she should diffuse it because cinnamon bark needs to be heavily diluted to use on children, and it's dangerous for breast feeding or pregnant woman

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I'm Mary married(since 10-5-08) to Dallen, mommy to Serenity(2008) & Caidence(2010). Christian, SAHM, Full- term breast feeding, Cloth diapering, Vaccinating, Anti-CIO/Sleep-training, Natural birthing, holistic loving, AP, ERF, Bedsharing/co-sleepingresearch-loving kinda mama.

AromaDrops33
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Diffusing a small amount for no more than an hour is not harmful, but yes if your using a diffuser with 5 drops in it, then that's not the smartest of ideas. 

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Your instructor says Eucalyptus oil is ok for children under 2?! Woah, nelly! No concerns of the toxicity? Holy moly! All the books I've read says that 4-5ml even in a diffuser is dangerous. 0.o 

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Sorry, my fault.....I read the post wrong. She can start diffusing this when her baby is 3 months or older using half a dose (1-2 drops). Just confirmed it with my aromatherapy teacher :)

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Quoting AromaDrops33:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN