Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 12 Replies
How do I wing my daughter from latching on just to go to sleep using me like a pacifier. Even when I give a bottle to put her to sleep she'll stay up and talk into she gets hungry again then wants latch on. Sometimes she acts fussy to latch on but not really thursty cause milk is running down her mouth when she falls asleep. She will be 5 months in one week
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittlePiggies5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd only sleeps if she is breastfeeding while on my side......if that made sense...lol she's 5 months too.....Try a baby swing maybe...
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Nurse in a dark, quiet room. She may need the nursing as she might be headed for a growth spurt. I wouldn't let het lie down with a bottle; it can cause choking and dental decay.
outstandingLove
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
3 moms liked this

She isn't using you as a pacifier. ...Pacifiers are used like moms.

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Well first she's using you how she's supposed to, pacifiers are a mom replacement. WOuldn't you want the real thing instead of a plastic replacement? lol Also it's pretty normal for the age, I have nothing really except you shouldn't be giving a bottle if you're there & able to nurse. It could cause supply problems & flow preference.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This :)

Quoting mamabens:

Well first she's using you how she's supposed to, pacifiers are a mom replacement. WOuldn't you want the real thing instead of a plastic replacement? lol Also it's pretty normal for the age, I have nothing really except you shouldn't be giving a bottle if you're there & able to nurse. It could cause supply problems & flow preference.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0921
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd use to do this it took a while for her to take a pacifier but she finally did and wat i do it nurse her and wen shes asleep put my fingert in her mouth to release her latch and stick her paci in.

Rara32
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Thanks everyone for your help just was trying to figure out what do so someone could watch her over night if needed to
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, that's easy. Just leave her. **grin** Really. Children will do things for others that they will NEVER EVER do for their parents: wash dishes, take out the trash, sleep without nursing!

Quoting Rara32:

Thanks everyone for your help just was trying to figure out what do so someone could watch her over night if needed to

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Yep!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

This :)

Quoting mamabens:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM
It really is amazing what they'll do when we're not around!

Quoting gdiamante:

Oh, that's easy. Just leave her. **grin** Really. Children will do things for others that they will NEVER EVER do for their parents: wash dishes, take out the trash, sleep without nursing!

Quoting Rara32:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN