Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have your menstral cycles been like as BreastFeeding moms??? What to expect?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I got my first period on 1/1/13 at 8mos PP. And I was expecting to see it again counting my former cycle time, but i have no period sighns. I used to br able to set a clock with my cycles. What should I expect as a nursing mom?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Replies (21-27):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Im so paranoid to have kids too close together. Is it realy as hard as i think? My Hubby wants a big family, should I just chill out and go with it or is it worth putting up a fight, Lol?

Quoting PEEK05:

I also got my first period at 8 months PP.  My first cycle was over 40 days long, my second 36 days long, and my third was a normal 29 day cycle (that's my normal).  I got pregnant on that cycle lol.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM

LOL well my first two are 2 years and 2 months. It was super hard for the first three months until I adjusted to the transition.  I'm not going to lie about that.

This second and third are the ones who will be 1 year 9 months apart.  I'm a little nervous but I have my first two that play together really well so I'm hoping that helps a bit when it comes to the constant nursing in the beginning! Guess I'll see how it goes in 9 days. ;)

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Im so paranoid to have kids too close together. Is it realy as hard as i think? My Hubby wants a big family, should I just chill out and go with it or is it worth putting up a fight, Lol?

Quoting PEEK05:

I also got my first period at 8 months PP.  My first cycle was over 40 days long, my second 36 days long, and my third was a normal 29 day cycle (that's my normal).  I got pregnant on that cycle lol.

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
It's gonna be irregular for a while lol mine still aren't "normal" but they haven't been near as bad!!! Not had crampy still kinda heavy but hell I ca handle that! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Ohh, Congrats. Yeah it would be easier having two keeping each other company. My DD & DS are 6 YEARS appart, Lol. But even now sometimes I feel like I depend on DD too much to entertain DS like while im cooking and stuff...

Quoting PEEK05:

LOL well my first two are 2 years and 2 months. It was super hard for the first three months until I adjusted to the transition.  I'm not going to lie about that.

This second and third are the ones who will be 1 year 9 months apart.  I'm a little nervous but I have my first two that play together really well so I'm hoping that helps a bit when it comes to the constant nursing in the beginning! Guess I'll see how it goes in 9 days. ;)

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Quoting PEEK05:

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Yeah really, No cramps is the way to go!!! Lol. I would love periods like that. my mom said that before she had me she had bad cramps, and after none at all...

Quoting IansMommy2012:

It's gonna be irregular for a while lol mine still aren't "normal" but they haven't been near as bad!!! Not had crampy still kinda heavy but hell I ca handle that! Lol

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Don't get me wrong I've had a few but nothing near the degree that they used to be and before try we're so bad I couldn't get outta bed :(

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah really, No cramps is the way to go!!! Lol. I would love periods like that. my mom said that before she had me she had bad cramps, and after none at all...

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
becky1109
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

13 months pp and just got mine a week ago only lasted 4 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)